Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updating SWL 4.4 to 5.8
03-11-2013, 05:07 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-11-2013, 01:11 PM by EA3GCV.)
RE: Updating SWL 4.4 to 5.8
Hello Beppe:

I think you have a real bundle in your version 4 database.... the DOK info has been always entered in the same field (P_SUB_REGION).

My advise to update from version 4 to version 5 is to make a clean install. First of all perform the following steps (preferably in a USB drive):

- Save any personal reports or QSL
- Save your logbook SWLOG.MDB

- Now fully uninstall version 4 from Add / Remove programs from the Windows Control Panel.

- Restart Windows and manually delete any remaining Swisslog folder in your local hard disk.

- Now download the following files from the download section of the website:

- Full original version 5.2 http://www.spanish.icap.ch/Ficheros/SWL4WV52.EXE
- Swisslog patch updater 5.8 http://www.swisslogforwindows.com/spanis...pdater.htm Read first the documentation. At the end you will find the link to the updater.

- Install the full version and afterwards the May updater to version 5.8. Please note that if you are using any operating sytem later than Windows XP you MUST install Swisslog with administrator rights. That is right click over each installer and select Run with administrator rights.

- Make sure you install Swisslog in c:\Program Files\Swisslog (or C:\Program Files (x86) in 64bits OS).

- After installing Swisslog, restore your reports and QSL to the corresponding folder in C:\Program Files\Swisslog\Reports

- Restore you v4 database SWLOG.MDB to C:\Program Files\Swisslog\DB and manually delete the SWLOG_V5.MDB

- Run Swisslog and go to File | Open logbook-DB. Select the SWLOG.MDB. The conversion process will start and the new database will be SWLOG_V5.MDB

- Register your Swisslog copy. Go to Help | About | Register. Enter your callsign and press Add Registration. You now have Swisslog fully registered. Make sure you will see in the title Windows "Swisslog for Windows 5.8 licensed to: yourcallsign"

Now you should use Swisslog normally. Please read the documentation because there have been many changes. Most important is about the My QTH which now all your MyQTH are splitted and MyQTH (different callsigns and locations), Working Conditions (rig/antennas used) and Events / Contest). Rename and assign the correct names for each condition.

In your particular case you have award info in different fields which have to be moved to the correct ones. Send me your converted database to: ea3gcv@castelldefels.net (ZIP or RAR compressed) and I will move the references which are not assigned properly to the right fields). Tell me which awards are you using in Swisslog.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog

Messages In This Thread
Updating SWL 4.4 to 5.8 - by in3ikf - 02-11-2013, 12:08 AM
RE: Updating SWL 4.4 to 5.8 - by in3ikf - 03-11-2013, 12:33 AM
RE: Updating SWL 4.4 to 5.8 - by EA3GCV - 03-11-2013, 05:07 PM
RE: Updating SWL 4.4 to 5.8 - by in3ikf - 03-11-2013, 06:43 PM
RE: Updating SWL 4.4 to 5.8 - by EA3GCV - 03-11-2013, 07:37 PM
RE: Updating SWL 4.4 to 5.8 - by in3ikf - 03-11-2013, 08:01 PM
RE: Updating SWL 4.4 to 5.8 - by in3ikf - 05-11-2013, 02:02 AM