Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
eQSL_Send field - revise all QSO's
11-04-2022, 05:41 PM,
eQSL_Send field - revise all QSO's
Is there a way to update the eQSL_send field in all QSO's.  I have tried the "Set the QSL send indicator" under the Function menu however it does not work - or maybe I am not using it properly.  I am a new Swisslog user and have uploaded over 230,000 historical QSO's to eQSL over the last year or so, however other than confirmed QSL's, the eQSL field is blank.  I was able to update the LoTW_Send filed using the "Set the QSL send indicator" but for some odd reason the same for the eQS Send field.

Thanks
Sam
VE5SF
11-04-2022, 06:24 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-04-2022, 06:30 PM by EA3GCV.)
RE: eQSL_Send field - revise all QSO's
Hello Sam,

Really you don't need to perform any manual operation because the LoTW/eQSL synch does all automatically. If you have previously uploaded your QSOs into LoTW or eQSL and you want to avoid Swisslog tries to do it again during the LoTW/eQSL synch, you need to perform the following actions (the "Set the QSL send indicator" is intended to set the QSL send field which is specifically for QSL cards only):

- First of all I suggest you to configure properly the LoTW/eQSL synch to allow Swisslog upload your future QSOs and to download and set accordingly all your LoTW/eQSL confirmations in all your QSOs. In case of eQSL, you can upload QSOs in realtime. Read the "Online logbooks" chapter to know how.

- Go to View / Logbook view (selection)> Logbooks > Status Online logbooks. This view contains all fields related to all online logbooks. You will see all your QSOs.
- You have to set not only the LOTW Send or eQSL Send fields but also other fields, such as the LOTW Status and the eQSL Status respectively. The Status field is used by the automatic synchronization to know the real status of the QSO (Uploaded/Confirmed). Mouse right click on any content of the LOTW Send field then select Edit > Change all QSOs. Set 1 and accept all confirmation messages. Do the same for the eQSL Send field. Now set a date in the LOTW Send Date and eQSL Send Date fields performing the same action. Set Uploaded in the eQSL Status and LoTW Status fields.

Now Swisslog will "know" that you have already uploaded all your QSOs into Lotw/eQSL. When you perform the LoTW/eQSL synch for the first time it will download all your confirmations and will set the corresponding fields accordingly.

Once you have configured properly the LoTW and eQSL synchronization functions, Swisslog will upload your pending QSOs and will download your confirmations automatically since the last synchronization. The first time it will take time because it has to download all your confirmations and compare agains your entire logbook. In the LOTW synch uncheck the QSO since option. You don't need to enable this unless you want to download an ADIF of all your LoTW QSOs. The synch process will run much faster.

Please read carefully the LOTW/eQSL synch chapters in the Swisslog help. Use the automatic function. With only 2 mouse clicks Swisslog will do all the hard work for you regardless how many different callsigns or QTH you have.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
11-04-2022, 11:14 PM,
RE: eQSL_Send field - revise all QSO's
Thanks Jordi.  I followed your advice and now have it working and showing the eQSL_sent and eQSL status correctly.  Great program.

Thanks
Sam
VE5SF