Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Win4IcomSuite and SwissLog Problem
23-01-2022, 02:28 PM,
Win4IcomSuite and SwissLog Problem
Dear Jordi (Swisslog) and Tom (Win4IcomSuite),
I have and I really like using Swisslog and Win4icomSuite, both are excellent software for hamradio operators.
But when I use Swisslog with Win4IcomSuite, the frequency and mode don't change in Swisslog, only when I start Swisslog or after a long time I changed the frequency or mode, they change in Swisslog. The same does not happen with HRD, DXLog or N1MM, in them it works perfectly together with Win4IcomSuite..
If I use Swisslog without Win4IcomSuite it works normally.
Thank you in advance for your help to resolve this issue.
I'm using the latest versions of both softwares.

Best Regards,
PY1FR,
Fernando Rodrigues
Niterói - Rio de Janeiro
Brazil
23-01-2022, 03:31 PM, (This post was last modified: 23-01-2022, 03:33 PM by EA3GCV.)
RE: Win4IcomSuite and SwissLog Problem
Hello Fernando,

I did a change for ICOM in this version to fit in all possible scenarios. Please review this setting according this explanation I added in the Transceiver Control section of the Swisslog help:

- Time between two TX-QRG queries in 1/10 seconds: Some TX do not send information when the QRG or the Mode is changed. Therefore SWISSLOG must periodically read these information. This interval defines the time between two reads. NOTE FOR ICOM: If CI-V Transceive parameter on your radio is ON, set 0 here to disable polling the transceiver. Set any value higher than 0 ONLY if the CI-V Transceive parameter is OFF.

Probably CI-V Transceive setting is OFF on your radio and you have set 0 in this field. In such case set 5 (500ms) or 10 (1s) and Swisslog will poll the transceiver to read mode and QRG periodically. I suggest to set CI-V Transceiver ON. This way radio will send QRG and mode to software ONLY when is changed and you avoid a lot of traffic in the COM port. Otherwise software has to poll radio periodically to read these values. Having several software working at once with the radio you are overloading the COM port with unnecessary traffic which may cause some issues.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
23-01-2022, 04:52 PM,
Hi Jordan,
Thank you very much for your feedback.
On my IC-7700 radio the "CI-V Transceiver" is set to On.
But now I changed the "Time between TX QRG queires in 1/10 seconds" to 5 in Swisslog and that's it! Everything went back to normal both QRG and Mode change.

Best 73!
PY1FR,
Fernando Rodrigues
Niterói - Rio de Janeiro
Brazil
25-01-2022, 09:09 AM,
Hello Fernando,

If CI-V transceive is ON there is no need Swisslog polls radio because radio is sending QRG/Mode when it changes. Could you please let me know which is your transceiver control setup? In order to do it correctly, you need to use COM0COM, create pair of COM ports then enable the AUX ports in Win4ICOM en select one COM port pair. This will be the COM port you need to configure in Swisslog. Please read this link carefully:

https://icom.va2fsq.com/third-party-soft...tegration/

I know other users having this setup and working flawlessly.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
28-01-2022, 10:11 PM,
Hii Jordi
I did as usual using Win4IcomSuite. With COM0COM and enable Aux ports.
If you have a time you can access my notebook using Teamviewer.
We can make contact via Wattsapp. 55-21-988335974.

73!
PY1FR,
Fernando Rodrigues
Niterói - Rio de Janeiro
Brazil