Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not reading Band mode or frequency unless Transceiver control switcheds
03-01-2022, 07:32 PM,
Not reading Band mode or frequency unless Transceiver control switcheds
Hi
I've been using SwissLog (5.103) with WSJTx and N1MM and SDRConsole/Omnirig (v1) quite successfully for seveal months until recently . No recent updates or changes that I am aware of - not even Win 10  Smile
The Radio is an IC7100.
I use Win4Icom to allow 5 programmes access to the radio control port - and until a few days ago everything works well.
But now Swisslog has stopped receiving update information regarding frequency and mode *UNTIL* I click the Transceiver Control Green button ... then everything is good again *UNTIL* I change mode or frequency .

WSJTx and N1MM will read the changes from the radio but not SL.

*This issue occurs with *just* SwissLog using the radio Com port directly with no other programme running*

Any help greatly appreciated !

Robin
G3TKF
03-01-2022, 10:12 PM,
RE: Not reading Band mode or frequency unless Transceiver control switcheds
Hi Robin,

There have been a change regarding polling ICOM transceivers in this version. Please read the Transceiver control chapter, specially the "Time between two TX-QRG queries in 1/10 seconds" and the special note for ICOM. Then set this parameter according your CI-V transceive setting on your radio (0 if ON, any value higher than 1 if OFF). Probably you have it OFF in your radio and you need polling from Swisslog so set 1 or higher.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
03-01-2022, 11:53 PM,
RE: Not reading Band mode or frequency unless Transceiver control switcheds
(03-01-2022, 10:12 PM)EA3GCV Wrote: Hi Robin,

There have been a change regarding polling ICOM transceivers in this version. Please read the Transceiver control chapter, specially the "Time between two TX-QRG queries in 1/10 seconds" and the special note for ICOM. Then set this parameter according your CI-V transceive setting on your radio (0 if ON, any value higher than 1 if OFF). Probably you have it OFF in your radio and you need polling from Swisslog so set 1 or higher.

Best 73

Thanks Jordi that was it !  Icom radio setting default was OFF... so Swisslog set now to 1 and all is well...

Thanks for your prompt reply - best wishes for 2022 !

Now to see how to transfer N1MM worked stations into Swisslog (not via ADIF) as in WSJTx

Robin
G3TKF