Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Logging QSO end times.
22-09-2021, 12:08 PM,
Logging QSO end times.
Hello Jordi,

A query for you.

In logging a QSO - the start and stop times are entered into the QSO entry view. However - it seems that whilst the start time is shown in the log - the stop time isn't and neither is it exported in ADIF as is the start time.

Have I got a setting wrong (again) - or is this the normal behaviour ? I looked to see if the stop time column could be added in the log view - but I could see no way of doing this.

Any ideas ?

Many thanks,

Richard G4UGB
22-09-2021, 06:50 PM,
RE: Logging QSO end times.
In logbook view, the third icon at the top allows you to change field selection. Press this then you want to add the field entitled duration. This will add the end time to your log book view and it should be included in the ADIF export. I just checked an ADIF export using the logbook view and also the new qsos tab in the qso entry window. I added duration to the fields, refreshed the window then did an ADIF export to screen and the end time was showing in the export on screen. I would assume, therefore, it would be included in an ADIF export to file.
23-09-2021, 09:46 AM, (This post was last modified: 23-09-2021, 10:01 AM by EI4KF.)
(22-09-2021, 06:50 PM)G3WPF Wrote: In logbook view, the third icon at the top allows you to change field selection.  Press this then you want to add the field entitled duration.  This will add the end time to your log book view and it should be included in the ADIF export.  I just checked an ADIF export using the logbook view and also the new qsos tab in the qso entry window.  I added duration to the fields, refreshed the window then did an ADIF export to screen and the end time was showing in the export on screen.  I would assume, therefore, it would be included in an ADIF export to file.

You can finesse that additional field 'Duration' by amending its properties. I have the header as 'End' (i.e. QSO end time), Type as Time, Format as hh:mm (so that the date is not included).

Reg is correct of course, once the field is created it will export to adi as 'Time_Off'

Exported Fields :
QSO_DATE,TIME_ON,TIME_OFF,BAND,MODE,CALL,NAME,QTH,RST_SENT,RST_RCVD,DXCC
<EOH>
23-09-2021, 03:39 PM,
Thanks to Reg and Erik. I have resolved the issue and now have a Time Off ADIF export within the ADIF. Wink

73 de Richard G4UGB
27-09-2021, 02:56 PM,
Hi,

You have a specific query to export into ADIF in the ADIF exportation folder which include all Swisslog fields recognised by ADIF. There is no need to modify your query unless you want to export less fields.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog