Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Country table question.
22-08-2021, 02:07 PM,
Country table question.
Hello Jordi,

I just had the good fortune to work JD1/JH1FFW on Ogasawara just now but it has not been added to my Stats(new) and still appears in my 'Needed' countries as JD0G and not worked. I'm pretty sure I have the latest country table too ??

Thanks and Regards,

Richard G4UGB
22-08-2021, 04:44 PM, (This post was last modified: 22-08-2021, 04:46 PM by EI4KF.)
RE: Country table question.
(22-08-2021, 02:07 PM)G4UGB Wrote: Hello Jordi,

I just had the good fortune to work JD1/JH1FFW on Ogasawara just now but it has not been added to my Stats(new) and still appears in my 'Needed' countries as JD0G and not worked. I'm pretty sure I have the latest country table too ??

Thanks and Regards,

Richard G4UGB

Hello Richard,

Please check to what DXCC the station was logged. Double-click the entry in your logbook and see either the statistic overview window or the QTH tab of the QSO Entry window. I presume that somehow it will show as a different DXCC to JDOG or no DXCC at all. Let us know.

I also worked that station today, 17m FT8, and it did log correctly. Taking FT8 out of the equation, logging JD1 is the same scenario as E51. There are 2 DXCC possibilities for the same prefix. In manual logging, as with SSB and CW, the user is presented with the 2 possibilities in the DXCC field and they make the selection accordingly:

With FT8, the logging is automatic and there is no chance for user intervention. But it should have defaulted to JDOG which is what happened here. 

I have tested the country table and it seems to be working correctly for this prefix. However, knowing to what DXCC your contact was actually logged would help with determining what, if any, issue exists.

Finally, any mis-logging if there is one can be manually corrected. Simply bring up the contact in the Entry of QSOs window so as to Edit the QSO, manually change the DXCC field to JDOG (note there is not a '0' but an 'O'). Tab out of that field and it should update. That should correct the statistic.

Erik.
23-08-2021, 12:55 AM,
RE: Country table question.
Hello Jordi,

Many thanks - and yes you are correct - when I examined the log entry the DXCC was set at JA. I corrected it to JDOG and that fixed the issue - now Ogasawara appears in the Statistic(new) as Ogasawara as worked and not needed !!

Thank you yet again for resolving that for me.

That's my first new country for a long time never having worked Ogasawara before !!!

Kindest Regards,

Richard G4UGB