Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Access violation while displaying the world map
14-08-2021, 05:45 AM,
Access violation while displaying the world map
Every time I display the world map I get an "Access Violation" message. See attachment. W10Pro.

When the world map is not visible there's no problem. It can be hidden behind other windows and everything will work fine for hours and hours.

But as soon as I minimize or close those other windows (and the world map comes into view) the problems begin.

The only way to get the message to disappear is to close Swisslog with the Task Manager. Clicking "OK" brings up the same exact error message, over and over again.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Erik

14-08-2021, 11:31 AM,
RE: Access violation while displaying the world map
Hello Erik,

I suppose you are using latest version 5.102b. Which projection are you using? I suggest to reset map configuration. You are a long time user and there have been many changes in the World Map function which would need a fresh environment file. If you have Swisslog installed in C:\Swisslog the solution is easy: delete all .ENV files located in the MAP folder then reinstall Swisslog again. If you have Swisslog installed in another folder the ENV file must be edited. Send me an e-mail to support@swisslogforwindows.com and let me know which folder you have Swisslog installed and I will send you the ENV files to replace.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
16-08-2021, 02:10 AM,
RE: Access violation while displaying the world map
Hi Jordi, thank you for your quick reply.

I'm not 100 percent sure; but I believe I bought my Swisslog license in 1996 at Ham Radio in Friedrichshafen, from Walter himself. That was a very long time ago.

Yes, I am using 5.102b. Spherical projection. Swisslog is installed in C:\Amateur Radio\Swisslog.

I will send you an email in a moment.

Thank you>