Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Log entries slow to enter.
15-08-2021, 01:57 PM, (This post was last modified: 15-08-2021, 03:22 PM by G4UGB.)
RE: Log entries slow to enter.
Hello Jordi,

I forgot to comment on the logbook size here - the file G4UGB_log.mdb is 16.2MB in size - the registry internal number shows 19391 and the QSO sequence number shows 19266.

*** Edit: I think I will uninstall SWL and start with a clean installation. What files should I keep - apart from my log files Jordi to achieve a clean start ??

Kind Regards,

Richard G4UGB
15-08-2021, 05:18 PM,
(15-08-2021, 01:57 PM)G4UGB Wrote: Hello Jordi,

I forgot to comment on the logbook size here - the file G4UGB_log.mdb is 16.2MB in size - the registry internal number shows 19391 and the QSO sequence number shows 19266.

*** Edit: I think I will uninstall SWL and start with a clean installation. What files should I keep - apart from my log files Jordi to achieve a clean start ??

Kind Regards,

Richard G4UGB
15-08-2021, 05:19 PM,
Hello Jordi,

Before I attempt a new clean re-install - if you can advise me what files and folders I need to retain - I thought I'd send you the attachment showing the selection in Logbook Selection view. Note that - even if I change it to 'Logbook with DXCC Zones and My QTH' and select that - then next time I open the Logbook Selection view - it has reverted to 'Logbook ALL Fields (slow). My selection of 'Logbook with DXCC, Zones and MY QTH' is not retained. Is this correct ?

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Richard G4UGB    
15-08-2021, 07:18 PM,
Hello Richard,

PLEASE contact me via whatsapp to arrange a remote session via Teamviewer. Don't attempt to do anything but you have very strange issues and I want to check by myself. The registry internal number is only for internal use. The real QSO number is the QSO sequence number. If you have, let's say, 20100 QSO in your database, the next sequcne number displayed in the QSO Entry window should be 20101 (the next in sequence). Swisslog prompts to resequence when there is a mismatch. This happen normaly when you import new QSOs or you delete QSO.

REMEMBER that the "Save desktop at exit" must be checked in the OPTIONS menu otherwise all changes will only be applied for current session! Please check this!

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
16-08-2021, 12:26 AM, (This post was last modified: 16-08-2021, 12:28 AM by G4UGB.)
Hello Jordi,

Thank you - have sent you a WhatsApp message.

Yes 'Save Desktop at exit' is always checked here plus the QSO sequence numbers in the log show as sequentially correct to date.

Kindest Regards,

Richard G4UGB
16-08-2021, 07:27 PM,
Hello Jordi,

I just wanted to say a BIG thank you to you for sorting this 'problem' on SWL for me and of course - (as usual) it wasn't a 'problem' at all - but operator (ME) error again. Thank you very much indeed for taking the time to connect remotely to my set up here and demonstrate the error of my ways !!!

A thousand thanks. You never fail to respond or take time to resolve user issues.

Kindest Regards,

Richard G4UGB