Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Signal path is not displayed and others with Win 10
01-08-2021, 03:45 PM,
Signal path is not displayed and others with Win 10
Hello Jordi,

I have a problem again. What else ;-)

On both computers (1= HF, 2=2m) I have installed version 5.102b. Now I am completely confused, because on computer 1 the signal path is shown in the map. On computer 2, however, it does not.
The settings are the same on both computers. The only difference is that computer 1 has Windows 7 Pro, computer 2 Windows 10 Pro.

Do you have any idea what this could be?

And a second problem is that I can no longer print QSL cards with the Windows 10 computer. Whenever I try, I get a Windows error message. On the Win 7 computer it works without any problems.

It seems to me that both are a Win 10 problem.

Can you help me dear Jordi?

73s and have a nice day

Reiner

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

01-08-2021, 04:52 PM,
RE: Signal path is not displayed and others with Win 10
Hello Reiner,

Go to the Options of the QSO Entry window and make sure you have enabled "Update world map automatically". I use W10 64 bits Pro with no problems at all. The first screenshot belongs to version 5.102. Please upgrade to 5.102b inmediately because 5.102 has some important issues already corrected in 5.102b.

About second issue, Swisslog simply tries to print in the selected printer. Make sure you have latest drivers installed for such printer and select this printer in File / Setup printer. If you still get this error, try to run Swisslog as administrator and also add exceptions to Swisslog in your antivirus and firewall.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
01-08-2021, 10:44 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-08-2021, 01:15 PM by DF1JC.)
Thumbs Up  RE: Signal path is not displayed and others with Win 10
Hello Jordi,

thanks for the help. The signal path is displayed again. The problem was that all fields in the options were no longer checked after the update to 5.102b. I did not notice that.

The printer problem is still with SwissLog. But that doesn't bother me at the moment, as I only print very few 2m QSLs maybe 10 in a Year. At the moment, when I print a QSL, I take a screenshot from the QSL in print program and print it as a Photo on the QSL  Wink 
I think it's a problem with the printer and Win 10, although I can print everything else from all programs except the QSL program. Whereas it works fine with the Win7 computer. I don't know what the problem is, but never mind  Big Grin

Finally, another question:
When I enter a callsign in the QSO entry window, it appears in green when I make a new call. This is still the case.
Until now, however, the call appeared in red if I had already worked the station on the same band and in black if I had worked the station on a different band. Now, however, the call only appears in black, no matter on which band I have worked it. The box "Warning on double QSO" and "Change colour of call sign on double QSO" is checked.

So far I have not found a way to restore the old state.

I think this is the typical computer problem.
The biggest programme error always sits in front of the monitor  Confused

So dear Jordi, these are my current irritations. I hope you're not lying under your desk laughing about my Problems Blush

73 Reiner
02-08-2021, 03:53 PM,
Hello Reiner,

Regarding the printer issue, you can install a PDF printer and print into PDF from Swislsog then print the PDF document. It's much easier!

In the QSO Options, below you have the option "CVolor of Call if first QSO with Station". By default is black. Change it to green if this is your preferred color. If you enable to change color of callsign for duplicate QSO, it will always appear in red color.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
02-08-2021, 05:13 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-08-2021, 05:15 PM by DF1JC.)
Hi Jordi,

I don't know why, but everything is back to normal. Green when new, red when previously worked.

Why suddenly everything is back to normal, I don't know. I haven't done anything to the programme, except updating the member list for LoTW and eQSL.

So all is well. Thank you very much for your time for me.
In September I will be in Catalonia, if the Corona situation allows it. Maybe we can meet for a beer then.

Best regards and 73

Reiner