Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Error reading from Callbook databases
01-08-2021, 02:55 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-08-2021, 02:57 PM by EI4KF.)
RE: Error reading from Callbook databases
(01-08-2021, 02:01 PM)EA3GCV Wrote: Hello Erik,

This is a very weird issue really... I haven't received any similar report but it's obvious it's happening... Because I'm not able to reproduce it, I need to know when callsign is passed into the QSO Entry window if the Operator field is filled out with the right name. I need to know at which point the Operator field remains from the last QSO. The Operator name should be filled out properly in the QSO Entry. I have revised the code, and when retrieving data from Callbook database, the Operator field is always cleared.

I think it will be a hard bone to solve but please let me know this to see if I can find the exact point when things are starting to go wrong...

Best 73

Hello Jordi, I am not sure much how more information I can give you that you do not already know. When a FT8 QSO is started, Swisslog retrieves the Operator Name and QTH from the callsign database - in my case qrz.com. I get this data quickly, almost instantly as I no longer have slow internet here. So 30 seconds on from the Callsign going into the Entry of QSOs window I am seeing the Log QSO window in JTDX. About 5 seconds later, while I am sending the '73', I log it. When this logging has closely followed the previous one, the correct Operator Name does not appear in the logbook - all the other Fields are filled in correctly. The timings are the same when it works correctly, which it does when QSOs are not coming in rapidly. 

If you have a beta exe to test later, please let me have the link. It will be some time before there is another scenario in which this can happen but I will test it as soon as practical. I tried with a run of USA stations but they invariably send their Grid first and hence the QSO takes 60 seconds in which case the issue does not occur. I also tried on a run in CW but I am too slow in that mode to complete even 599/599 QSOs in less than a minute  Blush  So it has to be tested on a run of JAs sending TX2 to start.

Erik.

Messages In This Thread
Error reading from Callbook databases - by EI4KF - 24-07-2021, 10:27 PM
RE: Error reading from Callbook databases - by EI4KF - 01-08-2021, 02:55 PM