Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5.102b startup issues
08-07-2021, 09:12 AM,
5.102b startup issues
Since I upgraded a few days ago to the latest release I have been having problems each day when I initially start & now I have concluded on subsequent restart of SW there are still problems.  I posted a note yesterday but deleted it as I then undertook a clean install to see if the problem was resolved...  

This morning I had the same problems which are as follows
- Authentication failed
- Fatal Error : QSO Edit Window not created
- Access Violation
- CAllbook : Cannot perform this operation on a closed dataset

At this point the program crashes or is working with various settings not in place.

If I restart the program the problem goes away but my configuration is not correct e.g. all the options for Add QSO's are not set (right click on Log Entry - store UTC in logbook)

I am running Win 10 Pro 21H1. My logbook is stored on OneDrive other than this nothing unusual I can think of.

Clive

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

08-07-2021, 11:35 AM,
RE: 5.102b startup issues
Hi Clive,

Have you added an exception to Swisslog either in your antivirus and firewall? The authentication failed error is common when antivirus is interfering. If you still have issues please contact me via whatsapp to arrange a Teamviewer session to check on line what may happen. Antivirus are a source of issues for Swisslog. After upgrading and replacing the EXE file some antivirus detect this as a possible virus blocking or even deleting the executable file. My phone number is in the Contact section of the website.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
08-07-2021, 11:47 AM,
(08-07-2021, 11:35 AM)EA3GCV Wrote: Hi Clive,

Have you added an exception to Swisslog either in your antivirus and firewall? The authentication failed error is common when antivirus is interfering. If you still have issues please contact me via whatsapp to arrange a Teamviewer session to check on line what may happen. Antivirus are a source of issues for Swisslog. After upgrading and replacing the EXE file some antivirus detect this as a possible virus blocking or even deleting the executable file. My phone number is in the Contact section of the website.

Best 73

Hi Jordi, 
thanks for the prompt response.  I am using the Microsoft Win 10 AV and Firewall.. not sure I have firewall problem as using integrations with LOTW, eQSL etc. all working fine. In terms of the MS AV. Should I add a folder exclusion for C:\Swisslog to Defender? 

Clive
08-07-2021, 12:27 PM,
I also use Windows Defender and Windows Firewall with no issues at all. But you have to add the C:\Swisslog folder in Defender and also add Swisslv5.exe application in your firewall. Important to allow Private and Public networks!

best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
08-07-2021, 12:54 PM,
I have checked the firewall & exclusions applied to AV.  Images attached but the problems are persisting...

Clive

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

09-07-2021, 10:28 AM,
Hi Jordi,
I have completely removed all traces of Swisslog from my PC, a complete clean install and gradually reinstating all the functions I am using.  At present this has resolved the problem.  I can only think either the upgrade or the latest MS updates have some how caused the problem.. I will advise you if this problem returns.

Thanks for your help
Clive
09-07-2021, 01:23 PM,
I think the problem is caused if you start Gridtracker at the same time as Swisslog which I was triggering as a program in the Digital interface settings (for convenience).. On the previous version there was the delay in starting other programs but now they start almost in parallel this creates the problem.  

Clive
10-07-2021, 12:21 AM,
Hi Clive,

Thank you for all the info. I have uploaded a beta where I have set again to run external programs after Swisslog is fully started up (as it was before):

www.swisslogforwindows.com/Beta/SwisslV5.exe

Let me know if this solves this issue.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
10-07-2021, 01:11 PM,
(10-07-2021, 12:21 AM)EA3GCV Wrote: Hi Clive,

Thank you for all the info. I have uploaded a beta where I have set again to run external programs after Swisslog is fully started up (as it was before):

www.swisslogforwindows.com/Beta/SwisslV5.exe

Let me know if this solves this issue.

Best 73

Hi Jordi
 this resolves the problem.. 

Thanks
Clive