Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
migrate a log
05-06-2021, 03:19 PM,
migrate a log
Dear all

How can I migrate my log, which currently exists on a XP-computer to a Windows 8 computer?

Any hint welcome

regards
Werner HB9US
06-06-2021, 11:34 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-06-2021, 11:37 AM by EA3GCV.)
RE: migrate a log
Hello Werner,

Please read this thread:

https://www.swisslogforwindows.com/forum...w+computer

Please ignore the step to copy the ENV files from the map function. Old ENV files are not working properly. Except this, all other steps are ok. 

If you have doubts don't hesitate to write an e-mail or post a message here.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
08-06-2021, 08:03 AM,
Hello Jordi

Thank you for your reply.

When I click your link I get: The specified thread does not exist.

By the way my current log is version 5.8 and runs on an XP-computer. I want to move it to an Windows 8 system.

vy 73
Werner HB9US
08-06-2021, 12:17 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-06-2021, 12:17 PM by EA3GCV.)
Hello,

I'm attaching the whole text below

Best 73

Hello:

Which old version are you using? If it's version 5.2 or higher follow these steps. If you have an older version you will have to send me your database in order to convert it to the right format.

If using version 5.2 or higher:

In your old computer:
  • Go to File / Save.. and make a backup copy (single file in LZH format) to any external drive

• If you use LoTW, save LOTW folder and all its contents

• Save the SWISSLV5.INI file (located in the Swisslog folder). You will probably have to edit it in ypur new computer if the Swislsog installation differs from C:\Swisslog (the new default installation folder when installing Swislsog in your new computer).

• Copy all RPG files from the REPORTS folder
In your new computer:
  • Install current Swisslog version. I suggest you to leave it in the default folder (C:\Swisslog). You can install it in other folder but DON'T install inside the Program Files folder.

• Once install it, don't run it. 

• Copy the Swisslv5.ini from the old computer in C:\Swisslog. You will have to edit it if the installation folder in the old computer was different to C:\Swisslog. Simply edit the Swisslv5.ini file with a text editor and replace all the old path with the new path. Example: if Swisslog was installed in your computer in C:\Program Files\Swisslog, use the Replace function of the text editor to replace all C:\Program Files\Swisslog by C:\Swisslog. Once changed all coincidences save the File

• Copy the LOTW folder in C:\Swisslog

• Copy all RPG files in the REPORTS folder

• Open Swisslog. It will ask you to fill out your My QTH. Just fill Callsign and press save.

• Go to File / Restore. iIn the Target database, search for the C:\Swisslog\DB\SWLOG_V5.MDB file. In Back up file select the LZH file you saved in the external file and press Restore.

• Restart Swisslog
You should have your Swisslog as it was!
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog