Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flex Radio Tranciever Interface
15-05-2021, 03:28 PM,
Flex Radio Tranciever Interface
When using Flex Radio 6xxx tranciever interface the interface itself works fine. My problem is when it try to use  Options or Tools  I have to double or triple or even more clicks on items before they work. Example if I want to use Tools, LOTW synchronization or eQSL synchronization I have to keep clicking before they work. If I stop tranciever control everything works correctly. If I use tranciever control for my Icom 7100 everything work fine.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

15-05-2021, 04:29 PM,
RE: Flex Radio Tranciever Interface
Hello,

I'm out of home until sunday. I think I need to lower polling to transceiver. Currently Swisslog is polling every 100ms and I guess this is causing these issues. I will upload a new beta to trst. I will let you know when it's ready to test.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
15-05-2021, 05:13 PM,
(15-05-2021, 04:29 PM)EA3GCV Wrote: Hello,

I'm out of home until sunday. I think I need to lower polling to transceiver. Currently Swisslog is polling every 100ms and I guess this is causing these issues. I will upload a new beta to trst. I will let you know when it's ready to test.

Best 73

Thank you
17-05-2021, 01:41 AM,
Hello,

I have been testing the Flex Radio interface with Swisslog and a Flex 6400 and it's working properly. I can go to any option without any issues. It's very important you add exceptions to Swisslog and Flex SDR in your antivirus and firewall. Otherwise they could be blocking or interfering the communication causing many issues.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
17-05-2021, 03:20 PM,
Swisslog and Flex are configured correctly both in antivirus and firewall. If I use DxCommander interface in Swisslog it works fine. Where I really notice the problem is when I use the Tools/LOTW and eQSL sync. When I click on either one it may work great the first time but the next time it may take up to 4 or 5 clicks to get it to work. Any other ideas?
17-05-2021, 04:31 PM,
Hi,

It's really curious because yesterday I tested with a Flex 6400 remotely and right now with an italian ham having a Flex 6500 and it's working perfectly. He even have lots of band maps which is very CPU consuming!both using latest Flex SDR version 3.2.34.

If you have DX windows with no filter (selection criteria ALL) this will affect overall performance and may cause the issue you are experiencing. I highly suggest you to set a selection criteria such as Needed, new and worked instead of allowing all traffic. This window is a bit problematic... Despite this I don't have any other ideas.. If you still have troubles I would need to check remotely via Teamviewer if I find out something strange. Please contact me via whatsapp (check CONTACT section in the website).

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
17-05-2021, 07:14 PM,
Hello again I tried the other Flex Radio option for rig control and it works fine.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

17-05-2021, 11:43 PM, (This post was last modified: 17-05-2021, 11:43 PM by EA3GCV.)
Hello,

But this is not the solution... this uses the Flex CAT option which is not offering the features the Flex API offers (such as sending spots to Panorama). PLEASE contact me via whatsapp to arrange a Teamviewer session to check what may happen.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
17-05-2021, 11:59 PM,
(17-05-2021, 11:43 PM)EA3GCV Wrote: Hello,

But this is not the solution... this uses the Flex CAT option which is not offering the features the Flex API offers (such as sending spots to Panorama). PLEASE contact me via whatsapp to arrange a Teamviewer session to check what may happen.

Best 73

Ok I will a Teamviewer session with you tomorrow. Thanks for your help.
19-05-2021, 12:37 PM,
Hi all,

After working hard testing remotely with KE4BCN, IK6DLK and EA1B (all of them Flex Radio 6 users) I have been able to improve drastically the Flex Radio 6xxx option. I have just released a beta today 19th May with this improvement. Check the Beta versions thread.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV