Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elecraft K4
19-04-2021, 02:29 PM,
Elecraft K4
Hi Jordi.

You are probably already aware and have made provision (if any is needed) within Swisslog, but here is a copy of an email sent by Bob N6TV on one of the Elecraft reflectors.

Reg G3WPF

"If you have a K4 but your logging software doesn't list the Elecraft K4 yet, you can usually select Elecraft K3 and most things will work OK.

Meanwhile, I wrote a new Elecraft K4.ini file of K4 commands for VE3NEA's OmniRig software, and Alex added the K4 to the official lists of radios supported by OmniRig.  You can download the latest .ini files for OmniRig here:

Quote:http://dxatlas.com/OmniRig/Files/RigIni.zip
Extract the Elecraft K4.ini file and copy it to this protected directory using Windows Administrator privileges:
Quote:
Quote:C:\Program Files (x86)\Afreet\OmniRig\Rigs\Elecraft K4.ini

OmniRig plus this new Elecraft K4.ini file provides basic K4 rig control to a long list application programs listed here:

Quote:http://dxatlas.com/omnirig/CompatibleSoft.txt

Since OmniRig doesn't distinguish between the various digital modes, I decided to interpret K4 DATA and PSK modes as DIG_U (since both use USB), and interpret K4 FSK and AFSK modes as DIG_L (since both use LSB).  The rig switches to DATA mode if the app selects DIG_U mode in OmniRig, and switches to FSK mode if the app selects DIG_L."
19-04-2021, 03:15 PM,
RE: Elecraft K4
Hello Reg,

Thank you for sharing this info. Regarding Swisslog, if you want to setup the K4 directly in Swisslog for transceiver control, you have to select the Kenwood / Elecraft option. This transceiver uses the same commands for reading/set frequency and mode as Kenwood regarless the model so it should work well. In case you are using OmniRig then your file will be very helpful!

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
19-04-2021, 08:31 PM,
RE: Elecraft K4
(19-04-2021, 03:15 PM)EA3GCV Wrote: Hello Reg,

Thank you for sharing this info. Regarding Swisslog, if you want to setup the K4 directly in Swisslog for transceiver control, you have to select the Kenwood / Elecraft option. This transceiver uses the same commands for reading/set frequency and mode as Kenwood regarless the model so it should work well. In case you are using OmniRig then your file will be very helpful!

Best 73

It's OK Jordi.  I don't have a K4 and won't have for some time I guess - so I will stay with my K3.  I don't use OmniRig either.  I just wondered if the information would be useful to others.

Reg