Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Italian ARPI Contest & suffixes
16-04-2021, 02:41 PM, (This post was last modified: 16-04-2021, 02:41 PM by G4NAQ.)
Italian ARPI Contest & suffixes
Hi Jordi, I have taken part in the Italian ARPI event over the last week where various Italian stations have used suffixes which are causing some problems with suffixes like /1FR /5RO.. in order to correct these I have updated the log entries DXCC field to "I" but this has created multiple locations as there is now a "2" showing alongside the DXCC field.. how can I remove the rogue DXCC entry?

Thanks

Clive
17-04-2021, 08:02 AM,
RE: Italian ARPI Contest & suffixes
Hi Clive,

That's a problem when using strange suffixes ignoring the basic international callsign allocations... In such case Swisslog (and all other logging software) will allocate this callsign in another DXCC according to the suffix used (which is absolutely wrong). But if you have changed the DXCC to I manually and you have not checked the QSO Entry option "Issue Warning if a new QTH is needed", Swisslog has created a new HomeQTH for such call, because it understands that this station is in another "location" different from his HomeQTH.

In this case this is not true. If you have this option checked, when saving a QSO with a station already worked and Swisslog detects any change in diploma fields, DXCC, WAZ, etc (which may indicate this station has changed his regular location), Swisslog will warn a message if you want to create a new entry in the HomeQTH or modify the existing one. In case of these Italian stations you should have replied to modify the HomeQTH entry not adding a new one. By default this option is unchecked and Swisslog will handle all these scenarios automatically (that is, it adds a new HomeQTH entry). Practically you don't have to worry too much on this, because you have set the correct DXCC for such stations although there is a HomeQTH entry with a wrong DXCC allocation, but it's not assigned in any QSO. Only in case you work again the same station with exactly the same suffix, you would have to be aware to change the HomeQTH entry to the right one.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog