Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Config Query or request for IP Multicast support ?
11-04-2021, 03:41 PM,
Config Query or request for IP Multicast support ?
I have (with your help) configured SL + WSJT-X + GridTracker... it all worked in terms of WSJT-X talks to SL & the forwarding of messages to GridTracker.. however if I want to send a message back to WSJT-X from GridTracker there is no backward connection from the way this is configured how I understand this....  would IP mutlicast support address this ?

Thanks
Clive
11-04-2021, 04:03 PM,
RE: Config Query or request for IP Multicast support ?
Hi Clive,

This is normal because the full communication is between Grid Tracker and Swisslog (please reread this post with you: https://www.swisslogforwindows.com/forum...id+Tracker)

You will have to choose what you want. Multicast may work but according to me test it creates some bad side effects affecting the communication between Swisslog and WSJT. Which message back to WSJT-X do you need from Grid Tracker?

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
11-04-2021, 04:09 PM,
(11-04-2021, 04:03 PM)EA3GCV Wrote: Hi Clive,

This is normal because the full communication is between Grid Tracker and Swisslog (please reread this post with you: https://www.swisslogforwindows.com/forum...id+Tracker)

You will have to choose what you want. Multicast may work but according to me test it creates some bad side effects affecting the communication between Swisslog and WSJT. Which message back to WSJT-X do you need from Grid Tracker?

Best 73

Thanks for the prompt response... I would like to use the call roster feature of GridTracker & wish to send back the message to WSJT-X to populate the "Generate Std Msgs" window

Clive
11-04-2021, 07:47 PM,
Hi,

If you want to do this then you will have to reconfigure all then enable the Forwarding UDP messages option in Grid Tracker, then use this broadcast port as UDP port input Swisslog. But doing this, you won't have communication bakc from Swisslog so if you use WSJT-X Band Maps you womn't be able to enable transmission from band maps in WSJT by double clicking on callsigns displayed on band maps:

JTDX (port 2237) <<<<<<>>>>> Grid Tracker Receive UDp messages port 2237, enable Forward UDP messages port 2238 >>>>>> Swisslog UDP port 2238

You can enable UDP Broadcasting in Swislsog into another UDP port to send all traffic to another software if you need it.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog