Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tune level signal
19-03-2021, 01:35 AM,
Lightbulb  Tune level signal
I miss the feature to generate a tune level signal. Problem: time lost! I cannot quickly push a software button to generate a tune level signal like it is possible in other logging software (especially in SSB mode). This signal is used to tune a PA or an antenna tuner manually. My current workaround is to switch the TRX to FM/AM/RTTY mode and pushing the PTT with one hand and tuning the PA or antenna tuner with the other hand. That is a very uncomfortable and time consuming procedure. This feature is already a standard feature in other logging software and should be implemented as soon as possible. I am sure that a lot of OPs will support my wish. Thanks for that!
19-03-2021, 05:57 PM, (This post was last modified: 19-03-2021, 06:34 PM by EA3GCV.)
RE: Tune level signal
Hello,

If you work digital modes, you already have this feature in WSJT-X, JTDX, FLDIGI and many other digital mode software which are common software nowadays. If you use WinKeyer CW interface by K1EA you also have an option to close keyer in the specific WinKeyer window of Swisslog. If you use CW Type software you also have a tune option on it. Swisslog supports all these software / interface and I'm sure you use it along with Swisslog. If you only work SSB and you don't use any of these programs / interfaces then I agree that it would be an interesting function. But many transceivers already have a TUNE button as well, and many desktop microphones implement a PTT LOCK function which will make easier your tuning procedure.

I will add your suggestion to the wish list for a future but this is something I can't implement easily. You need to understand that I can't implement all and this "apparently simple" function, requires lot of work in the code because I need to handle audio inputs/outputs and PTT. This is not a "must" function in a logging software at all when you find it in most CW/Digital software which already handle audio/PTT devices. In fact I have never received such suggestion before.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
19-03-2021, 07:40 PM,
RE: Tune level signal
Dear Jordi,

first of all thanks a lot for your quick reply and your view on my proposal. I am an old fashioned HAM using CW and SSB most of the times, hi. I do not use WinKeyer or other CW-type of software. Nowadays most of the transceivers DO NOT HAVE a TUNE button for external tuning a PA or an antenna tuner. They have a TUNE button ONLY in use with the internal antenna tuner. This build-in tuners only matches impedances max SWR 1:3 and cannot be used for tuning a PA and an external antenna tuner. However I accept your point that it is not a "must" function. It is just about convenience. Furthermore I accept that it is a programming effort and time consuming. Perhaps there will be more requests for this wish and you will find time and interest to programm it later. Thanks for adding my wish for the future! vy 73 de Achim, DL1DAW