Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HANDSHAKE BETWEEN IC 7300/IC 756 PRO II AND SWL
01-03-2021, 05:39 PM,
HANDSHAKE BETWEEN IC 7300/IC 756 PRO II AND SWL
Hi Jordi,

I faced an issue ( till 08/2020) with SWL  (v 5.101a and previous versions on win 10 & win 7 ). I have connected two radios ( icom ic 7300 & ic 756 pro III) via OmniRig v 2.0 to SWL .I have to toggle very often the "switch" ( next to TX status on toolbar) ON and OFF because  the SWL dont read/sent ORG from/to radios .

Tnx in advance for your answer

73 de SV1FTY Sotiris
01-03-2021, 06:15 PM,
RE: HANDSHAKE BETWEEN IC 7300/IC 756 PRO II AND SWL
Hello Sotiris,

Seems you have a communication problem between Swisslog and OmniRig. It's very important you add exceptions to Swisslog and OmniRig in your antivirus and firewall! this way you will ensure they don't interfece in the communication between both programs. It's also very important to run both programs at the same level of privileges. Normally, there is no need to run Swisslog as administrator. But if you do it, all programs linked with Swisslog (such as OmniRig) must be run as administrator as well (and viceversa).

Let me reming you that OmniRig v2 is only supported by Swisslog. If you use WSJT-X, JTDX, I recommend you to install OmniRig v1, because it's supported by WSJT-X, JTDX, MixW etc. So you will be able to use CAT control in both programs by using OmniRig. If you use VSPE or similar programs to create virtual COM ports, although you can share virtual ports up to 4 applications at once, for my own experience, virtual ports are blocked after a while. I use my IC-756Pro 3 with OmniRig v1. If I open RS-BA1 ICOM remote control program, it works well but after a while communication stops in RS-BA1. Sharing COM ports is excellent when works well, but it's a source of occassional issues. So if you have created a virtual COM port and you are sharing OmniRig with another program, you may experience this issue-

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
01-03-2021, 06:32 PM,
RE: HANDSHAKE BETWEEN IC 7300/IC 756 PRO II AND SWL
Tnx Jordi for promt reply I'll do all suggesions !!!

73 de SV1FTY Sotiris