Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEW version 5.101a
24-01-2021, 05:22 PM,
NEW version 5.101a
I have just released version 5.101a some news and correcting important bugs

Please read the full list of corrections HERE. It's VERY IMPORTANT to upgrade! 

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
25-01-2021, 09:40 AM,
RE: NEW version 5.101a
Thanks for the new version. Obviously the new queries interest me a lot, and a quick test of the new US_COUNTIES queries reveals that the query "Confirmed US Counties by LOTW all bands and modes" does not pick up Hawaii and Alaska even though I have several contacts confirmed on LOTW from those entities, and they are picked up by the US COUNTIES query.

73 de Tom
Happy Swisslog user since 1989.

JW6VDA permanently may 1983 - august 1989 and august 2001 - august 2014.
LA6VDA 1989-2001.

Now OH6VDA since september 2014.
25-01-2021, 11:10 AM,
(24-01-2021, 05:22 PM)EA3GCV Wrote: I have just released version 5.101a some news and correcting important bugs

Please read the full list of corrections HERE. It's VERY IMPORTANT to upgrade! 

Best 73

Hello Jordi,

An English language word that you have been using recently, and which appears in the 5.101a release notes is "trespassing". It has a meaning of: an unlawful act committed on the person, property, or rights of another.

Two of the PY Swisslog users have been very confused by this. In English, or translated, it is a challenge for them to understand. Could you change to "passing" instead? 

Regards,

Erik.
25-01-2021, 05:35 PM,
Hello Erik,

Thank you for the correction! I have corrected this in the release notes in the web site.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
25-01-2021, 05:47 PM,
(25-01-2021, 09:40 AM)JW6VDA Wrote: Thanks for the new version. Obviously the new queries interest me a lot, and a quick test of the new US_COUNTIES queries reveals that the query "Confirmed US Counties by LOTW all bands and modes" does not pick up Hawaii and Alaska even though I have several contacts confirmed on LOTW from those entities, and they are picked up by the US COUNTIES query.

73 de Tom

Hi Tom,

I have checked the query and it selects perfectly QSOs from Hawai. Keep in mind that the county must be set in the QSO in the format included in the USCOUNTIES info table otherwise it won't be recognised by the query (i.e HI-HONOLULU, HI-HAWAII, etc). Double click in the County field to see and search in the US COunties info table. There are 3077 counties and remember that for Alaska only the 4 judicial districts are valid. If you have the real county name you will have to do a conversion to find out the judicial district. 

Best
Jordi, EA3GCV
26-01-2021, 09:40 PM,
Unfortunately I have great problems installing V5.101.a. Tryed the installation 2 times after 2 downloads and installations. Error messages 2 times: datacompressionerror...., data integrety problem.... Deinstalled 2 times and removed swisslog directory + files.
Reinstalled Version 5.100e wich works. But it takes lots of  time to adjust DX cluster window, options for active windows etc. It would be nice if this adjustments would be store in the x.mdb files e.g. oe2bzl_V5.mdb.

System:
Windows 10 Pro, Version 20H2
It is not possible to deactivate Avira prime. Only deinstall and reinstall would work which I don´t like. The latter was not necessary in previous SWL versions.
73s,
Knut now OE2BZL ex DK5AD
26-01-2021, 10:33 PM,
Additional new problem in version 5.100e . When I want band on the logging screen there is not band but 2 times mode.
I added the QRG but TQSL does not accept this and asks for band.
OE2BZL
26-01-2021, 11:31 PM,
Finally I got it working ok with version 5.100d which seems to be ok
Knut OE2BZL
27-01-2021, 07:04 PM, (This post was last modified: 27-01-2021, 07:07 PM by EA3GCV.)
Hello Knut,

You should install latest version 5.101a!. Seems your antivirus is blocking Swisslog installation and is the source of all your problems. This is explained as IMPORTANT in the Download section:

IMPORTANT: It's highly advisable to disable temporarily any antivirus software before installing Swisslog. Also add an exception to Swisslog in your antivirus and firewall after installation. Most  tend to block or slow down normal functioning of Swisslog.

The Swlog_v5.mdb contains all QSOs. All program settings are stored in the SwisslV5.ini file. The loTW configuration is sotred in the SWL_LOTW.ini file located in the LoTW folder. The eQSL configuration is stored in the SWL_EQSL.ini file located in the eQSL folder.

The best and easiest backup is copy all Swisslog folder and subfolders. In case of problems, you only have to copy the full Swisslog folder back again where it was installed (by default C:\Swisslog) then reinstall with the installer. That's all.

Now that you have your program working, disable your antivirus then install version 5.101a (download the installer from the website). There are lots of important corrections since 5.100d! You shouldn't have any issue. But remember to disable your antivirus before installing then enable it again after Swisslog is installed/upgraded. I highly recommend you to add exceptions to the Swisslog folder in your antivirus and also add exceptions to the SwisslV5.exe file in your firewall. Otherwise you may experience strange behaviours, low performance, errors etc.

If you are still on troubles contact me via whatsapp to arrange a remote session via Teamviewer. But if you follow my instructions all should go perfectly.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV