Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Log entries from WSJT-X/MSHV not working
07-01-2021, 02:26 PM,
Log entries from WSJT-X/MSHV not working
I have upgraded to v5.101 and now have an issue with logging from WSJT-X (2.2.2) and MSHV (2.50).

When I log the QSO in WSJT-X, I can see the callsign being transferred to the Entry Window in Swisslog, but it is not being saved. Also the Locator is empty even if it was logged in WSJT. The country etc. fields are also empty.

If I then manually enter the Locator and save, I get the error message:
"QTH Name: An input value is required for this field"
There is no QTH Name available to select.

It used to work in 5.100 (not sure which one), although I think I sometimes got the same error message when logging a station with the same call but different locator (UT1FG/mm recently).

73 Carsten G0SYP

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

07-01-2021, 03:14 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-01-2021, 03:18 PM by EA3GCV.)
RE: Log entries from WSJT-X/MSHV not working
Hi Carsten,

Is this happening with all callsigns or only some of them? Suggest to go to File / Compress database then do this: Disable the UDP link and Enter manually this HB0 station and let me know if the HomeQTH field is filled. If filled, set this callsign in the DX Call field of WSJT-X and enable UDP link. The HomeQTH field must be automatically filled never could be blank and that's the reason of this issue, not the UDP link. Sometimes this could happen with callsigns that were not well recorded in the Swisslog database.

Please let me know the results of this test. In case of problems maybe I will have to check your database via Teamviewer. Contact me via whatsapp to +34 656409020.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
07-01-2021, 04:21 PM,
Thank you Jordi,

It was happening for all calls as far as I am aware.

I have now compressed the database, and when I enter the callsign manually, the HomeQTH is filled, along with country etc. settings. I have tried manually entering and logging a QSO in WSJT-X, and that came through ok, too. I will wait for the  next proper QSO to see if that was it (I am only on 6/2m at the moment, so not much activity).

One note: I have not enabled the Main UDP setting as I am using multiple instances, so I have 4 entries under ONLY Log QSO requests (see screenshot).

73 Carsten

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

07-01-2021, 07:27 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-01-2021, 07:28 PM by EA3GCV.)
Hello Carnsten,

Compressing the database solves many database issues. Your, setup is OK but not having a Main instance you miss the Feature of entering directly the call into the QSO Entry while you are working a QSO to check statistics, Memberships etc as well as the possibility of using WSJT-X Band Maps. As it is now QSOs are only trespassed when saving but setting one as Main instance could give you all the above.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
08-01-2021, 11:20 AM,
Jordi,

Thanks, I am aware of the limitations but that's ok. Especially in Summer, I am mixing CW and FT8 QSOs often (on 6m) which I find easier that way.

Unfortunately I am still having the problem. When logging another QSO this morning (this time from MSHV) I have the same issue. It is filling the callsign, mode, frequency, rst and time but not the locator, country, etc.
08-01-2021, 04:28 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-01-2021, 04:29 PM by EA3GCV.)
Hello,

When this happen could you please disable the UDP link and try to add manually the same callsign in the QSO Entry window to see if the HomeQTH field is filled out? I use Swisslog every day and I haven't got any error report like this from any user so I guess it could be a database issue. I would need your database to check. Please do this test and let me know or contact me directly via whatsapp to arrange a Teamviewer session.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
13-01-2021, 12:52 PM,
Hello Carnsten,

I have uploaded a beta with a correction related to this issue, please read https://www.swisslogforwindows.com/forum...php?fid=27

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
15-01-2021, 12:44 PM,
Tested your beta version and so far it seems to work.

Many thanks,

Carsten