Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Icom 7300 CAT control does not synchronize
28-11-2020, 08:13 PM,
Icom 7300 CAT control does not synchronize
Hi,

i recently got an IC7300 Transceiver and wanted to connect it with Swisslog of course.
However the CAT control doesn't work as expected.

I have taken the settings recommended in another post here. This way the current frequency is read once.
The problem is, it is not synchronized after that.

So if I change the frequency or mode on the IC7300, Swisslog still displays and uses the old settings.

I also tried to change all kinds of settings in Swisslog transceiver control - nothing really helped.
So I checked with other applications, like N1MM+ and fldigi - it works fine there. So its definitvely not the transceiver or its settings.

Oh, I'm not using OmniRig. So only Swisslog and the IC7300 at one time.

Since the IC7300 is so popular, i can't be the only one experiencing this problem.

Does anyone have a solution for the synchronization with the IC7300?

73 de Mark
29-11-2020, 12:01 AM, (This post was last modified: 29-11-2020, 12:02 AM by EA3GCV.)
RE: Icom 7300 CAT control does not synchronize
Hello Mark,

I highly suggest you to use OmniRig otherwise you won't 0be able to share CAT at the same time with other applications such WSJT-X or MixW unless you use a virtual COM port with VSPE or similar. 

It works perfectly with IC-7300 but you have not attached a screenshot of your settings. Firstly it's, very important you set a fixed baud rate in your transceiver menú, not Auto. Set 19200 or 38400. In Swisslog you have to select Icom the Set the same baud rate set in your 7300, start bits 8, stop bits 1, parity None then check the RTS option otherwise it PTT will be set on all the time. Rest of options unchecked . Set tx hex address to 94 and uncheck the Scan for TX addr.

This way should work, there many Swisslog users using IC-7300 in Swisslog.

If you still have problems send me a screenshot of your settings.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
29-11-2020, 08:34 PM,
Brick  RE: Icom 7300 CAT control does not synchronize
Hi Jordi,

many thanks for you quick reply. I think I have all settings right:

Transceiver: Icom
Start automatically: yes
Show TX-Status: yes
Icom Adress: 94
Search TX adr: no
Polling time: 1

Speed: 19200
Parity: None
Data bits: 8
Stop bits: 1
Flowcontrol:
  DTR/DSR: no  force stop: no
  RTS/CTS: yes force stop: no
  Software send: no
  Software receive: no
  Xon char: 17
  Xoff char: 19

I made screenshots, but don't know how to post them.

As i said, it works one when the connection is started. After that the frequency and mode doesn't change.

CAT has worked with my Kenwood like a charm so far. But with the IC7300 it just won't update. I suppose something with the polling is not right?

OmniRig isn't really an option. My notebook is pretty slow and I'm running Swisslog on Windows and Linux. Linux is much faster. So I configure with windows and when every works there, i transfer the settings to Linux, which i use primarily because of performance. This worked with everything so far. Which is pretty outstanding i must say.

With Windows OmniRig will probably work and is a good idea i agree. But i don't know if or how it will be with Linux. And since at the moment i'm not using anything besides Swisslog, its Ok to use it standalone.
So thats why I prefer to only use Swisslog to communicate with the rig.

73 de Mark
30-11-2020, 12:44 PM,
Hello,

You have to set Ci-V transceive ON in your 7300 menú. Swisslog settings are ok but you have to activate this in order the radio send data.

Best 73 and let me know but it should work this way.
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
30-11-2020, 08:43 PM,
Jordi,
thank you a thousand times! That was it.
I think i turned it off, because the transceiver started to send, if i remember. Probably the RTS option was not set back then.

Now everything is working - ufb. I tested both Windows and Linux.

Tnx es vy 73
Mark