Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
V 5.100e No QSO logging from WSJTX
01-10-2020, 02:42 PM,
V 5.100e No QSO logging from WSJTX
Hello to all,

after having updated from v5.100d to v5.100e I am expieriencing problems in collaboration with WSJTX v2.2.2.
When starting SWL first and then WSJTX I receive a warning (see attachment) which means that there is an access violation at address 000C0d5BF at module 'SwissIV5.exe' writing address 0000154C.
Automatic QSO logging from WSJTX does not work (as it did with v5.100d).
When I start SWL and double click a DX Cluster entry to QSY and log a QSO it works. After that exercise it seems, that collaboration with WSJTX ist working (after stopping transceiver control in SWL).

With that expierence I stopped starting transceiver control on SWL start. Collaboration did not work and I additionally got the effect, that when exiting SWL transceiver control starts automatically and produces an error message while shutting down SWL.

I use W10, OmniRig v2 and Yaesu FT991A

Any ideas or proposals??

Regards
Karl-Heinz

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

01-10-2020, 04:21 PM,
RE: V 5.100e No QSO logging from WSJTX
Hello,

I guess your antivirus is blocking the communication between Swisslog - OmniRig - WSJT-X. Unfortunately is a very typhical scenario. To ensure your antivirus and firewall is not blocking or interfering the normal functioning of ham radio programs, you have to add exceptions. So please add exceptions to Swisslog, OmniRig and WSJT-X in your antivirus and firewall (both!). You have to read your antivirus documentation to know how to add exceptions. Remember that for WSJT-X the folder or executables to exclude are located in the WSJT-X\Bin folder.

Now a suggestion: you use Omnirig v2 which is only compatible for Swisslog but WSJT-X only supports OmniRig v1. So i suggest to use Omnirig v1 and you will be able to setup CAT control in Swisslog and WSJT-X with a single program, avoiding many problems. What's your radio setup in WSJT-X? By using Omnirig v1 you will have CAT control in both programs with no problems. Again, it's very important to add exceptions in your antivirus, firewall and any other antimalware or similar programs.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
01-10-2020, 06:07 PM,
Hello Jordi,

tnx for quick response and suggestion.
Firewall was apparently not the issue; I have checked this before already.
After replacing OmniRigv2 by v1 it now seems to work as it did before with SWL 5.100d.

There is one remaining issue:
When starting SWL with 'transceiver control starts automatically' disabled and closing down SWL without any activation of transceiver control SWL starts transceiver control while shutting down and this creates an error message (of which I do not yet have a picture).
Nothing too seroius, perhaps something for the next review.

Again very many thanks

73, KArl Heinz, DL8KR
01-10-2020, 07:17 PM,
Hello Karl,

There are very strange things overthere that should not happen at all. Leave the "Starts automatically" option checked , it's the best way to start CAT control automatically. This doesn't affect anything. Try to run Swisslog and OmniRig both as administrator: mouse right clic in the executable file > Properties > Compatibility > run as administrator. Keep in mind that when running as administrators all programs must be run with the same privileges. If Swisslog runs as administrator and OmniRig don't then you will have lots of problems. All programs working linked must be executed with the same privileges. Although it's not necessary to run Swisslog as administrator, in some cases could be necessary to avoid this kind of communication problems.

If you still in trouble I could check remotely via teamviewer what may happen but I guess all comes from a missing antivirus exception (not only firewall, you have to add exceptions to your antivirus as well!) or wrong adminitrator privileges. Send me a whatsapp message to +34 656409020 if you still get issues but you should not have any at all.

best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
02-10-2020, 04:01 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-10-2020, 04:02 PM by dl8kr.)
Hello Jordi,

tnx for your message.
I am afraid that my first reported problem still exists although I hoped that it will disappear using OmniRigv1.
I ran everything as administrator and checked Windows Defender settings including build-in anti virus functionality. No change.

I found out that the following sequence works well:

1. Start SWL with transceiver control starts automatically enabled.
2. Open the QSO window (if not open from previous session). If there is no QSO window open when starting WSJTX, I receive the warning mentioned earlier and SWL will not log any WSJTX QSO
3. Stop transceiver control (to allow WSJTX to take it over from OmniRig)
4. Open WSJTX and start QSO

This workaround is all right you may however wish to look into that for the next update if others have similar problems.
I must also mention that it worked well with all the previous versions of SWL I have used.

Thanks again for your support and engagement

73 Karl-Heinz, DL8KR
03-10-2020, 02:24 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-10-2020, 02:26 AM by EA3GCV.)
Hello,

The QSO window is one of the most important Swisslog windows and should be kept open all the time. When Swisslog starts link with WSJT-X and it's receiving data, the QSO Entry window is opened automatically to enter data from WSJT-X. I have detected that some users are having similar issues if they have the QSO Entry window closed and WSJT-X tries to open it. I have uploaded a beta here:

www.swisslogforwindows.com/Beta/SwisslV5.exe

Rename your current SwisslV5.exe to SwisslV5.old and copy the beta in the Swisslog folder then try. If you have any issues you can revert back to the original file. Here is working well and the QSO Entry window starts automatically when receiving data from WSJT-X (if closed). But if you keep this window open all the time you won't have any issues.

You don't need to stop transceiver control to allow WSJT-X take control! OmniRig is working in the background and sending info to all programs supporting OmniRig at the same time. That's the reason I suggested you to use OmniRig, because there are no conflicts at all. OmniRig is taking control of the COM port and handling radio directly. But it sends data to the supported programs internally with no program limits.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
03-10-2020, 12:00 PM,
Hi Jordi,

I'm having the same problem but from MSHV, after updating to 5.100e, the logging doesn't work anymore and see the same error.
Can I download and 5.100d somewhere and reinstall it?

73's antoon
03-10-2020, 03:59 PM,
(03-10-2020, 12:00 PM)PA3BWE Wrote: Hi Jordi,

I'm having the same problem but from MSHV, after updating to 5.100e, the logging doesn't work anymore and see the same error.

73's antoon

Hi Antoon,

see my expierence with the beta.
You may try to check whether it solves your issue too.

73 Karl-Heinz DL8KR
03-10-2020, 04:01 PM,
(03-10-2020, 02:24 AM)EA3GCV Wrote: Hello,

The QSO window is one of the most important Swisslog windows and should be kept open all the time. When Swisslog starts link with WSJT-X and it's receiving data, the QSO Entry window is opened automatically to enter data from WSJT-X. I have detected that some users are having similar issues if they have the QSO Entry window closed and WSJT-X tries to open it. I have uploaded a beta here:

www.swisslogforwindows.com/Beta/SwisslV5.exe

Rename your current SwisslV5.exe to SwisslV5.old and copy the beta in the Swisslog folder then try. If you have any issues you can revert back to the original file. Here is working well and the QSO Entry window starts automatically when receiving data from WSJT-X (if closed). But if you keep this window open all the time you won't have any issues.

You don't need to stop transceiver control to allow WSJT-X take control! OmniRig is working in the background and sending info to all programs supporting OmniRig at the same time. That's the reason I suggested you to use OmniRig, because there are no conflicts at all. OmniRig is taking control of the COM port and handling radio directly. But it sends data to the supported programs internally with no program limits.

Best 73

Hello Jordi,

tnx again.
I have tried out the beta a couple of times in differnt configurations (i.e. QSO window closed, not closed) and it works fine, no error messages anymore.
I have also solved the issue with OmniRig. I forgot to change WSJTX settings when I started using SWL [Image: rolleyes.gif] a couple months ago. No need to close transceiver control in SWL anymore [Image: smile.gif] .

I very much appreciated your efforts.

73 Karl-Heinz DL8KR
03-10-2020, 09:27 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-10-2020, 09:28 PM by PA3BWE.)
Question  RE: V 5.100e No QSO logging from WSJTX
(03-10-2020, 03:59 PM)dl8kr Wrote:
(03-10-2020, 12:00 PM)PA3BWE Wrote: Hi Jordi,

73's antoon

Hi Antoon,

see my expierence with the beta.
You may try to check whether it solves your issue too.

73 Karl-Heinz DL8KR

Hi Karl-Heinz,

Unfortunately it did not solve my problem, error message :

[Image: shot_201003_212146.png]

Settings in MSHV :

[Image: shot_201003_212358.png]

Settings in Swisslog :

[Image: shot_201003_212531.png]

Since I made many changes, it could be above are not correct (anymore) but this is my best guess.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

-antoon