Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to stop warning message
27-09-2020, 02:51 PM,
Unable to stop warning message
Hello Jordi,

New version installed but I have a problem. After Swisslog launches I get a Warning box appear about info tables out of date. I do not use them, do not want to update and do not want to be warned.

In my inactivestatistics.txt file these are listed, so far as I can see in accordance with the help file instructions. But I still get the warning. How to stop it please?

Erik
27-09-2020, 03:44 PM,
RE: Unable to stop warning message
Hello Erik,

After installing new version your SWLSTAT.MDB should be updated and this is a proof latest SWLSTAT.MDB has not been updated in your computer. Please make sure you are using the SWLSTAT.MDB located in the Swisslog folder. Go to Tools / For experts only then Open Stat DB and select the SwlsTAT.MDB located in the Swisslog folder. Close then install latest version again. You should not see this warning again because you are using latest Swlstat which is updated on 26th September.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
27-09-2020, 03:47 PM,
Hello again,

I forgot that your scenario is very special because you are the only one still using v6. You have to set your database DB to 0539 before opening Swisslog. Otherwise all changes won't be applied. Afterwards you can change your database version to 0600.

Jordi, EA3GCV
27-09-2020, 04:00 PM,
(27-09-2020, 03:47 PM)EA3GCV Wrote: Hello again,

I forgot that your scenario is very special because you are the only one still using v6. You have to set your database DB to 0539 before opening Swisslog. Otherwise all changes won't be applied. Afterwards you can change your database version to 0600.

OK thank you! I do hope 2021 sees the release of Swisslog V7 ... I cannot do without the distance to announcer filter and the fine tuned DXCC filter that Walter programmed into the DX Message windows for V6.

73 de Erik.
27-09-2020, 04:47 PM, (This post was last modified: 27-09-2020, 08:14 PM by EA3GCV.)
Yes it would be nice but it's more complicated than you can ever imagine! Because this not only affects the DX window but all core program itself (statistic and loggbook view). It's my intention to start working on it someday but it's a really huge work and I don't know if I will be able to do it without starting from v6 ñcode from scratch (which would be a nightmare to implement all what I have done in v5).

Meantime, if you still use v6, you have to set database version to v5 before opening it with v6 (I suggest you to set 0536 all the time to perform all later changes). And you also have to use latest Swlstat file in v6 otherwise it may create you unexpected results. The Swisslog database is linked with the country table and Statistic database. Every time you open it in v6 or v5 it will link again with the existing country table and stat db. Your scenario is very particular and I programm Swisslog to be used with v5 versions not with v6 which is different and I can't ensure "forward compatibility". You have to be very aware on all this before upgrading to avoid future issues.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV