Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Omnirig V2 & version 5.100a
23-07-2020, 09:27 PM,
Omnirig V2 & version 5.100a
Dear Jordi,

In the previous version of Swisslog, when "Omnirig V2" was selected in the Transceiver Controll Interface, Omnirig V2 automatically started during the startup of Swisslog.
In the new version, after starting Swisslog, Omnirig  is active with its 2 Rig selections.
Omnirig V2 is working, but has to be started manualy in the Transceiver Controll Interface everytime Swisslog is activated.
Most probably my fault but I cannot find out what I did wrong.
Omnirig V2 is selected and Save Desktop at Exit is selected.

Best 73, PA3HK, Henny

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

25-07-2020, 11:42 AM,
RE: Omnirig V2 & version 5.100a
Hello Henny,

Yes you right! I have not found the reason because I haven't chsnged anything on the OmnIRIg or transceiver code! However I have found out a very easy work around: install OmniRig v1 from VE3NEA. Then it will work again! A real X File! Both versions of OmniRig can be installed. Moreover, if you plan to use WSJT-X, JTDX or MixW, you will be able to use OmniRig v1 (OmniRig v2 is only supported in Swisslog). So take this into account because you will be able to share CAT control using Swisslog and these applications at once with no problems.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
26-07-2020, 11:33 AM,
No problem Jordi. I had Omnirig V1 from VE3NEA already installed and after starting Swisslog, I can control my two favorite rigs right away.
If I want to use one of my other rigs, I have to start Omnirig V2 manualy in the Transceiver Interface.
I just wanted to let you know that in the previous version Omnirig V2 started automatically.
It seems that in the new software, the instruction lines think, that after installing Omnirig 1 and the generation of the beeptones, the job is done and a next set of instructions for other features is started.

Have a nice day and thanks for your support.
27-07-2020, 02:32 PM,
Hello,

I have found the bug! it will be corrected in version 5.100b which I'm planning to release shortly with some corrections. Meantime I have uploaded a beta here:

www.swisslogforwindows.com/Beta/SwisslV5.exe

Simply download and replace the EXE in the Swisslog folder. Let me know if it's working for you.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
27-07-2020, 05:19 PM, (This post was last modified: 27-07-2020, 05:20 PM by S52RA.)
(27-07-2020, 02:32 PM)EA3GCV Wrote: Hello,

I have found the bug! it will be corrected in version 5.100b which I'm planning to release shortly with some corrections. Meantime I have uploaded a beta here:

www.swisslogforwindows.com/Beta/SwisslV5.exe

Simply download and replace the EXE in the Swisslog folder. Let me know if it's working for you.

Best 73

Hello Jordi,

Working for me. Thank you very much.

73's de Miro, S52RA
28-07-2020, 01:18 PM,
Well done Jordi.
You fixed the problem. Omnirig V2 now starts automatically. I also noticed that the QRZ and HAMQTH buttons are functioning again.
Thank you for your efforts and the continuous improvement of the program.