Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Italian Provinces
18-05-2020, 11:17 AM,
Italian Provinces
I have updated the INF_WAIP.txt file to include "new" provinces.  Please make a backup of your existing files before using these - in case I made a mistake!

Reg

Attached Files
.txt   INF_WAIP.txt (Size: 2,43 KB / Downloads: 10)
18-05-2020, 11:57 AM,
RE: Italian Provinces
Hi Reg,

Thank you for the file! I will update it in the Statistic DB to make it available for all users without any manual modification.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
18-05-2020, 06:00 PM,
(18-05-2020, 03:59 PM)G3WPF Wrote: Fine Jordi.  I had a bit of an issue to begin with as the INF_WAIP table had only the first field data (I think it was because of the empty field for "Region" (which I have left empty) and I must have corrupted the LOT file but an edit of the LOT file seemed to fix it.

Reg
19-05-2020, 12:35 PM,
Hello Reg,

I have revised the WAIP info table and it's updated and correct according the official list published in the official WAIP website:

http://ari.it/index.php?option=com_conte...-worked-al

The last update of this list was made on Sept 2012 and Swisslog is updated since then! I guess you are not using the latest statistic database! Your INF_WAIP is not valid!

So please do the following:

- Download the latest Statistic database here: www.swisslogforwindows.com/Download/Swlstat.zip

Extract the SWLSTAT.MDB and copy it in the Swisslog folder (overwriting the existing one). Afterwards, open Swisslog and go to Tools / For experts only / Open STAT-DB then select the SWLSTAT.MDB you have just copied in the SWISSLOG folder. This is the only way to ensure you are using the latest statistic database.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
19-05-2020, 05:54 PM, (This post was last modified: 19-05-2020, 06:20 PM by G3WPF.)
Hi Jordi.

I took the list from the WAIP website after I had received some codes in the Italian contest which were not listed in the Swisslog statistic.  Maybe I made a mistake in importing into Swisslog so I will follow your instructions.

Thanks.

Reg
G3WPF

PS I have now followed your instructions and see that the information table is fully populated now - that is fine. 

Interestingly, when I started this project there were two .txt files in the info folder.  These were INF_WAIP.txt and WAIP.txt.  I updated these files and then amended the information table (tools>information tables>export/import/edit) by importing from the info directory. 

Now, after following your instructions, I assume that it will now be necessary to export the new inf table into the swisslog\info directory to update the INF_WAIP.txt file there as the file there is still the old INF_WAIP.txt file and also to delete the waip.txt file which is also old?
20-05-2020, 09:06 AM,
Hi Reg,

You can ignore all files starting as INF_ from the Info folder, most of them are obsolote. I guess you are a Swisslog user since long time ago! Years ago many information tables were available in the INFO folder and user decided to import these statistics or not as private statistics. When I took over the programming task of Swisslog , I added most of them as standard statistic to make them available to all users. Most were common awards so there was no reason to no include them in Swisslog. Now the Statistic database is updated and implements all these statistics.

The WAIP info table is taken directly from the official WAIP website which was updated on september 2012.

Apart from this, I implemented the function to update award information from internet for many statistics. It's user decision to update often the ones who consider more interesting. The INFO folder now contains all files downloaded from this function. These files are the base to import them into the statistic database. No manual action required at all! Swisslog handles every file to the required format automatically.

New version 5.99h will implement a new function to update automatically the latest official country table and statistic database. Swisslog will prompt at startup to upgrade when a new database is available. So no more manual actions will be required when Erik, EI4KF releases a new country table. Once a month I will also release a new update of the statistic database. This will make things easier to all users.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
20-05-2020, 11:46 AM,
Hi Jordi.

Yes, I understand now. I have been a Swisslog user for many years, going back to the old dos version. I guess I must tidy up the info folder. I find the statistics function very useful and look forward to your update.

Thank you for all your good work.

Reg
G3WPF
10-05-2021, 06:44 PM,
Hi Jordi,

being near italian border, I'm interested in this thread.
Btw, I checked my <SWLSTAT.MDB> and <INF_WAIP> table, that actually contain all provinces ... for example MB (Monza Brianza) or LO (Lodi), but I can't see or select them under <QTH> WAIP field of an italian QSO.

So data seem here but not displayed .... what am I missing ?`

Kind regards, Pietro @ HB9RXC