Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QRZ upload without "QRZLOGID" sync
29-02-2020, 02:32 PM,
RE: QRZ upload without "QRZLOGID" sync
Hello Peter,

I understand what you mean but it's difficult to make everybody happy... Your proposal is logical and I will study it! I will also try to export the QSLMSG into the QSLMSG ADIF field and delete it from the COMMENTS field. Let me think on it and I will let you know...

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
01-03-2020, 10:46 AM,
Good morning,

Well, - In my mind the "NOTES" field is for your personal notes, for the QSO. I.e. your QSO-partner is giving you some info about his rig, antennas, maybe something about beeing to a hamfair last weekend etc. Those things goes into the NOTES as your personal "memory" of that QSO. In your next QSO with that station, it becomes handy to see what you wrote in the NOTES during the last QSO. 

It is not anything you would like to be on an outgoing eQSL to that station.

That is the reason for adding the QSLMSG: "trigger". Whatever you write after QSLMSG: ("Thanks for the nice QSO, Bob - 73") will be put as a comment on your outgoing eQSL. Otherwise there will be nothing. (Which I think will be good enough - as I think 2-3 % of eQSL users really look into that field at all...

If we revert to the previous version of Swisslog (before this Beta), everything you write in the NOTES field will go to the comment field of the eQSL again.... and if you write QSLMSG: you will be able to send a different comment than what you wrote before that command... 

I guess that we use the NOTES field in different ways.

If we "revert" to "everything written in the Notes field goes to eQSL" - it means that I will have to stop using the NOTES field completely (and omit a lot of comments). My other alternative is to stop using eQSL.
73 de Lars, LB2TB
"New user" of Swisslog from 20.01.2020 (5.99F)
Previous user of Swisslog 1993-2010.
01-03-2020, 07:43 PM,
Dear Lars,

maybe you did not read my posting completely. I DO NOT want to "revert" to "everything written in the Notes field goes to eQSL" -nor do I want that you will have to stop using the NOTES field completely nor do I want you to stop using eQSL.

All I propose is to have the choice:

- if you want to have different text uploaded to eQSL.cc then you have to use QSLMSG:, and everything behind the tag will be sent to eQSL.cc only

- if I do not want to have different text uploaded to eQSL.cc, then I DO NOT HAVE TO USE QSLMSG:, and the whole text in the notice field will be sent to eQSL.cc as well as to all other services

This would help you and would help me.

73, Peter DL5UG
02-03-2020, 09:28 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-03-2020, 09:55 AM by EA3GCV.)
Hello all,

Because most users don't really care on this, I think the DL5UG proposal has more sense. If QSLMSG tag is found then this note will be sent to eQSL. If not then all Comments will be sent to all online services (as it was before). This way users will have a way to send QSL notes for eQSL if they want to differentiate personal notes from eQSL card notes. As it was in the last Beta, users who don't care this (most users), need to add specifically the QSLMSG: tag otherwise nothing will be sent to eQSL. I know it's very difficult to make everybody happy but I think DL5UG suggestion will fit all users (even for LB2TB because he uses the QSLMSG tag).

Summing up: users wanting to differentiate notes for eQSL will have to add the QSLMSG: tag. Text from this tag will be sent to eQSL and text before this tag will be sent to all other online services. If this tag is not found then all notes will be sent to all online services (as it was before).

I have uploaded a new beta with this change. I will appreciate if you can test and let me know.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
02-03-2020, 08:58 PM,
Dear Jordi,

I have just downloaded your last beta version and tested it for some QSOs. Everything works fine, I have only one short notice text without QSLMSG: tag and the same text is uploaded to eQSL.cc and to all other services.

Thank you for your hard work!

73, Peter DL5UG