Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transverter usage?
22-02-2020, 06:19 PM,
Transverter usage?
Hi There,

Is it possible for SWL to use transverters? I would like to use my TS-870 for 2mtrs and 4Mtr bands using the 10mtr band as an if.

Best Wishes

Brian G0VAX
24-02-2020, 03:38 PM, (This post was last modified: 24-02-2020, 03:38 PM by EA3GCV.)
RE: Transverter usage?
Hi Brian,

Currently Swisslog only handles the transverter option implemented on the Yaesu FTDX5000/FTDX9000. I will have to study a method to implement a Transverter option for all transceivers but it depends on the input frequency to do the frequency translation. Normally is 10m but I don't know if there are other input frequencies for other transverters. I would appreciate if you have more info. I will add it to the wish list.

Meantime I suggest to do the following:

- Work as usual (I suppose on realtime mode) although band/QRG will be wrong. If you upload QSOs in realtime into online services, you will have to disable it temporally in Options / Online Logbooks. After finishing all your QSOs, use a Logbook view, select all QSOs made during the day in the 10m band then change band to the real band (2m or 4m) in all your QSOs (this can be performed automatically in all your QSOs, please read "Multiple QSO Update" chapter in the Swisslog help. Do the following in the QRG field. Afterwards, you can upload your QSOs to the corresponding online services from the Tools menu.

I know this will suppose extra work but currently is the best way to handle this scenario.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
24-02-2020, 04:37 PM,
Hi Jordi,

I can't think of any other IF frequencies, other than 10 Mtrs for HF radios.

I think there are a few 144mhz to 50mhz transvreters...

Best Wishes

Brian G0VAX
25-02-2020, 05:14 PM, (This post was last modified: 25-02-2020, 05:21 PM by EA3GCV.)
Hi Brian,

Yes, most transvertes uses 28Mhz as inpunt frequency. I will think on it.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog