Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JtAlert and 10048 address already in use
13-02-2020, 09:56 PM,
JtAlert and 10048 address already in use
Hello,
I have a problem using the SwissLog last version, with Wsjt-x and Jt-Alert,
when using the first two programs together, and enabled the UDP, they are working good, communicate each other and save the QSO's without problems.
When im trying to open the Jt-alert, or open first Wsjt-x and Jt-Alert and after the Swisslog, the message "10048: [10048] address already in use" appears and swisslog cannot communocate with Wsjt-x or the Jt-Alert not working.

Any help please how can i fix that?
I can fix problems but i'm not the hacker guy, best on repair electronics from  software problems.
14-02-2020, 10:31 PM, (This post was last modified: 14-02-2020, 10:31 PM by EA3GCV.)
RE: JtAlert and 10048 address already in use
Hello,

Have you followed the special instructions explained for JT ALERT users in the Swisslog help? Digital Modes interfaces > Setup > WSJT-X / JTDX / MSHV / JS8Call UDP Settings

By default 2237 UDP Port is used by WSJT and can't be shared by 2 applications at the same time. JTALERT is already reading this port that's the reason of this error message when opening Swisslog. You have to enable an option in JTALERT to rebroadcast UDP messages from WSJT-X into another UDP port (2234 by default) and set this port in Swisslog. In the special note for JT Alert users is explained in detail.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog