Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
N1MM integration?
05-02-2020, 05:05 PM,
N1MM integration?
Hi There,

Forgive me if this hasn't been covered.. I would like to see automatic updating of SWL from N1MM when I am contesting. Would this/IS this possible?

Brian G0VAX
06-02-2020, 06:25 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-02-2020, 06:45 PM by EA3GCV.)
RE: N1MM integration?
Hi Brian,

Why working Swisslog linked on real time with N1MM during a contest? All the info obtained in Swisslog about awards statistics, dupes, membership in realtime is not useful during the contest. This is excellent when working on realtime from WSJT-X, MixW, FLDIG or any other external program to add digital modes QSOs on your daily operations.

The best way to add your contest QSOs into Swisslog is:
  • When contest is finished, export into ADIF from N1MM (or any other contest software) all contacts made in the contest.
  • Import this ADIF into Swisslog to the appropiated MyQTH / Working Conditions / Event combination.
  • Afterwards, go to Tools / Resequence QSO to sort all your QSOs (this step must be applied every time you import an ADIF file, to set the real QSO number on every QSO in date/time sequence).
  • Perform LoTW/eQSL synch to update all contest QSOs into LoTW/eQSL.
  • If you upload your QSOs into HAMLOG, HRDLOG or QRZ, upload your logbook from the corresponding function in the TOOLS menu. Swisslog will only upload all QSOs not uploaded previously (as the ones you have just imported).
  • If you upload your QSOs into Club Log, you can either upload and replace your full logbook (default and easiest way but maybe slower if you have many thousands of QSOs). The quicker option is uploading all QSOs from the contest period and unchecking the "Clear existing Club Log log" option.
  • If you upload your QSOs into HAMQTH you will have to upload the full logbook for the selected "My Call".  Again, this could be slower if you have many thousands of QSOs.
Perhaps you consider the above steps are very complicated but that is not true. Once you perform it once you will see it's quicker, safer and easier doing it than explaining it!

I could add the automatic updating of SWL from N1MM but... will really worth spend time on it? Moreover, there is big handicap: it would only work for adding QSOs. If, for some reason, you edit/delete a QSO from N1MM, this would require manual editing/deletion of the same QSO later in Swisslog. If you use eQSL you will also have to edit/delete this QSO directly in your eQSL account! Using the above steps you avoid all these problems.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog