Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Edit QSO, Unable to add QSO to database duplicate (QRZ)
21-10-2019, 07:50 PM,
Edit QSO, Unable to add QSO to database duplicate (QRZ)
Hello Jordi,

I'm guessing you know what I want to report.
Is not a real error, but maybe you can correct this issue in your next release.

I have my logbook sync'd to QRZ.com. Whenever I log a QSO the very first time, everything is fine.
If I want to update one of the QSO that are already saved, then I get the following pop-up:

QSO not logged in QRZ!
Unable to add QSO to database duplicate.

Let me know what do you think

Fulvio
22-10-2019, 08:30 AM, (This post was last modified: 22-10-2019, 08:31 AM by EA3GCV.)
RE: Edit QSO, Unable to add QSO to database duplicate (QRZ)
Hello Fulvio,

The QRZ Logbook API doesn't support edition (please read the "Online logbooks" chapter in the Swisslog help where you can see a table for every online logbook and  the supported functions). This warning informs you on this. If you need to edit a QSO and upload it into QRZ again, you have to delete that QSO from Swisslog (it will also be deleted on QRZ, because online deletion is supported) then add the QSO again with the correct data.

The same happens with eQSL and HAMLOG. Realtime edition is only supported by Club Log, HAMQTH and HRDLOG. eQSL even worse because only additions are allowed, so if you delete/edit a QSO in Swisslog, you will have to do this in your eQSL account (this is explained in the Swisslog help). Remember that you can disable error / warning messages on every online logbook.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
22-10-2019, 06:07 PM,
RE: Edit QSO, Unable to add QSO to database duplicate (QRZ)
(22-10-2019, 08:30 AM)EA3GCV Wrote: Hello Fulvio,

The QRZ Logbook API doesn't support edition (please read the "Online logbooks" chapter in the Swisslog help where you can see a table for every online logbook and  the supported functions). This warning informs you on this. If you need to edit a QSO and upload it into QRZ again, you have to delete that QSO from Swisslog (it will also be deleted on QRZ, because online deletion is supported) then add the QSO again with the correct data.

The same happens with eQSL and HAMLOG. Realtime edition is only supported by Club Log, HAMQTH and HRDLOG. eQSL even worse because only additions are allowed, so if you delete/edit a QSO in Swisslog, you will have to do this in your eQSL account (this is explained in the Swisslog help). Remember that you can disable error / warning messages on every online logbook.

Best 73
Thank you Jordi,

That all makes sense to me and I will follow your instructions in case I need to modify any further record.

Regards,

HB9DHG