Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Timezone Setting
31-03-2019, 02:51 PM,
Timezone Setting
Hi together!

I got a  - most likely simple to answer - question:

Since the beginning of my Swisslog Usage I was not able to find where to set the time to use in the logs and/or which timezone my QTH is in.
Sometimes there pops up a window saying someting like "Locator timezone not matching Windows Timezone" - and most of the times after this it is correct.
Right now - it is not, and Swisslog writes the local time rather than UTC.

Where the heck is the configuration for this?

DG6NFG
31-03-2019, 03:13 PM, (This post was last modified: 31-03-2019, 03:14 PM by EA3GCV.)
RE: Timezone Setting
Hello,

Swisslog reads the Windows settings and will pop up a message if it doesn't match with the time difference defined in your current My QTH. When you reply YES to use the windows time difference, it's used for the current session but not changed in your MyQTH. You have to change it manually in Add QSO - MyQTH, then edit your MyQTH details to set the right Time Diff to UTC.

Please make sure in the options of the Add QSO window that you have not checked the Use local time setting. 

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
02-04-2019, 06:33 PM,
Ah - found it.

Sometime it's still confusing for me that there is no central "settings" location, but the settings are spread within the tool ...

Carsten, DG6NFG
02-04-2019, 11:56 PM,
Hello Carsten,

Because you can have and use many different My QTH (callsigns, locations) the time difference to UTC must be defined in every MyQTH.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog