Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which Cluster do you use, please.
27-03-2019, 10:23 AM,
Which Cluster do you use, please.
Dear colleagues.

As a matter of curiosity and at the same time have the best information about DX, I would like to ask what Cluster, to which you are usually connected?

The one that offers more information, or it does no make sense? Huh

Many Thanks for sharing your expirience.
73 Manuel Fernando CT1BXX
28-03-2019, 01:54 AM, (This post was last modified: 28-03-2019, 02:01 AM by EA3GCV.)
RE: Which Cluster do you use, please.
Hello Fernando,

I really think it's just a matter of personal preferences. Personally I use VE7CC because I can filter spots in the same cluster (using the VE7CC-1 application) to avoid receiving spots from NA/SA/OC/AS which are not interesting to me. I prefer to receive spots from someone in a zone close to me (EU/AF) which will probably have the same propagation conditions as me (it's just an example).

But I think most clusters have the same information. Reverse Beacon servers are a particular case and you should not use it in Swisslog at all! They are giving continuous and unconsistent information. If you connect to a Reverse Beacon server, Swisslog will freeze is using the DX-Message window. It's a side-effect due to the own design of the current DX message window which needs some "small gaps" of time from spots to allow other functions to run properly, otherwise Swislsog will be fully dedicated to process all spots locking up Swisslog. Unfortunatley I can't solve it. If using Band Maps, Swisslog won't freeze but maybe you will receive in just some seconds something like this:

EA3GCV 14028.5
EA3GCV 14028.6
EA3GCV 14028.5
EA3GCV 14028.3
EA3GCV 14028.4
and so on

This will cause continuous refreshing of Band Maps with not useful information (in which frequency is really EA3GCV?).

Maybe other users can give different advices on this matter.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog