Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QSO partner on World Map
25-03-2019, 10:32 PM,
QSO partner on World Map
I wonder if anyone has had this problem and knows a cure.

Any station worked in Germany shows up on the World map in the same location (Long-7.43  Lat 53.72) regardless of their qth.

This does happen with any other countries.

I have it set up to "Update world map automatically" and the qso partners details are got from QRZ.com.

Strange how it is only happening to German station locations.

Any ideas.
25-03-2019, 11:41 PM,
RE: QSO partner on World Map
Hello,

The location is calculated according the QTH locator or country center location in case QTH locator is missing. If you are reading from QRZ and you are XML subscriber, please make sure you have checked the "Geographical coordinates" option in the Field copy instruction tab in the Callbook options.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
26-03-2019, 09:51 PM,
Hi

I am a registered user of QRZ but I do not pay a subscription and it seems to work ok on others locations.

With HAMQTH it also works fine unless the station is not registered on the site and then they are automatically entered at longitude 7 latitude 52
so several stations all appear in the same place, the north coast of Germany.

I think these issues are when there is no QRA locator available on HAMQTH but on QRZ which has all the details available I do not know why.

Anyway, I shall keep trying and would like to thank you for your help and your great software.

Best 73s
Doug
G0GXT
01-04-2019, 07:57 AM,
Hi Doug,

Effectively Swisslog needs a QTH locator to set the right location on the map. Otherwise the default latitude/longitude defined for every DXCC in the country table is used. That's the reason you see all German stations at the same place (the same happens for other countries if you don't enter a QTH locator).

If you don't pay a subscription in QRZ you only get name, QTH and US States for US stations (but not QTH locator). HAMQTH offers QTH locator and other info for free but many people don't have a profile there (a pity really...).

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog