Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maximize and Minimize buttons on Logbook view
24-10-2018, 12:43 AM,
Tongue  Maximize and Minimize buttons on Logbook view
Hi to all SWISSLOG users.

Is there anyone that cannot minimize or maximize a logbook view window? On my setup
it wont work and if i move the mouse, for example, to the icon minimize it doesn't do any action, i have to move it
a bit to the left but outsider the icon. If i move the mouse just right to the center of the minimize icon and click the 
icon that respond is the maximize icon!
73 de Vic, CT1AXS
24-10-2018, 09:58 AM, (This post was last modified: 24-10-2018, 10:01 AM by EA3GCV.)
RE: Maximize and Minimize buttons on Logbook view
Hi Vic,

Yes it's a bug of this window that occurs in Windows 10 (I guess in Windows 7, 8 as well). It's something related to the component used in the compiler for this function and unfortunately I can't do anything to solve it. Keep in mind that most components used in the compiler are designed for the Windows XP era and I can't upgrade to a newer version. If one day I'm able to release version 7 (which will be version 6 + all my addings, which it's a very huge work! like building a puzzle of 25000 pieces!) this will contain a brand new logbook view which I hope this bug will be solved.

If you change font size in your windows display settings to more than 100% you will have many problems. This happens with many programs. In Swisslog especially in the logbook view you will probably have unexpected behaviour of mouse click not responding your action. That's the reason windows recommends 100% as default setting. However even using 100% this window fails. If you try several times you can achieve to maximize or restore but not minimize. We will have to deal with it, I'm sorry!

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
29-10-2018, 05:26 PM,
RE: Maximize and Minimize buttons on Logbook view
(24-10-2018, 09:58 AM)EA3GCV Wrote: Hi Vic,

Yes it's a bug of this window that occurs in Windows 10 (I guess in Windows 7, 8 as well). It's something related to the component used in the compiler for this function and unfortunately I can't do anything to solve it. Keep in mind that most components used in the compiler are designed for the Windows XP era and I can't upgrade to a newer version. If one day I'm able to release version 7 (which will be version 6 + all my addings, which it's a very huge work! like building a puzzle of 25000 pieces!) this will contain a brand new logbook view which I hope this bug will be solved.

If you change font size in your windows display settings to more than 100% you will have many problems. This happens with many programs. In Swisslog especially in the logbook view you will probably have unexpected behaviour of mouse click not responding your action. That's the reason windows recommends 100% as default setting. However even using 100% this window fails. If you try several times you can achieve to maximize or restore but not minimize. We will have to deal with it, I'm sorry!

Best 73
Hi Jordi and Vic,

On logbook view window click right mouse button and select standalone window. New windows is now same style as other swisslog windows with functional minimaze and maximaze icon. You can now click right mouse button and select child window, window is same style as other windows, minimaze and maximaze icons working. But after restart swisslog you must repeat all.

Vy 73, Miro - S52RA