Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
eqsl import?
17-06-2013, 10:33 PM,
eqsl import?
Hello,

does anyone know how to import the confirmed eqsl adif-data into SWL? doing manually is too much work.
Importing just the adif-file form eqsl -> SWL is complaining a double QSO.

So what to do? Changing now to a different logging programm? I think there is no such a powerfull logger for awards, lotw and dxcc managing.

Torsten, dg7ro
20-06-2013, 06:34 PM, (This post was last modified: 20-06-2013, 06:59 PM by EA3GCV.)
RE: eqsl import?
Dear Torsten,

As you should know Swisslog is not developed because Walter (its author) had a fatal accident on 2007. He is now well but the consequences have been that Walter doesn't remember anything about programming! Brain mysteries!

So months ago I was trying to find out an automatic way to make an eQSL import of the ADI files and tried to sincronize it with Swisslog.

After many testings I decided to give up because I found many problems and only 60% or less of the eQSL data would be sincronised. This is due to several reasons:

- Many eQSL users haven't uploaded their QSO correctly. Many of them have got a new callsign however they have uploaded the old QSO with his old callsign into the new callsign profile. This QSOs can't be recognised by Swisslog. For instance: if you worked YU6AO in 1992 and now is 4N6AB (is not a real case!) in eQSL you will probably find that QSO as if it was worked with the new callsign.

- I also detected many mode errors! QSO worked on SSB and uploaded by the partner station as CW or any other different mode than the original worked...

- QSO times which differs hours even different date from the original...

Maybe you may think that there are very few QSO having these errors but believe me... I tested my own logbook and another from another user and I found many many errors like these explained above... So all these made so difficult to compare the eQSL ADI file with the Swisslog records resulting in errors higher than 30-40%. So I gave up and I recommended in the old forum a manual assignation of the eQSL reception as if it were a real QSL. That is, manually edit each QSO and manually assign the eQSL received indicator... hard work indeed but much more accurate than the automated way I tried to implement...

Maybe there is a way to solve all these errors but it's out of my computing skills...

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog