Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CWskimmer and socket error, how to solve?
06-10-2018, 10:45 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-10-2018, 11:09 AM by DL5DM.)
CWskimmer and socket error, how to solve?
Hello community,
today I ad the CWskimmer software and want to use it in swisslog too.
I setup the skimmer first and it work without problems (free trail version in moment).

Next step ist the add to swisslog. I configured the path and want to start the CW mod via the button but following error occurred: socket error 10061, connection refuse.

Thank you very much for any help to understand and solve the problem,

PS: Useing Windows 10 last edition (1809) & updates without firewall configuration active.

[Image: Bildschirmfoto%2525202018-10-06%252520um....37.07.png]

update#1
The error occurs only if I start the skimmer inside swisslog via pressing the button. the cws will start but ends with the error message.
If I click the button again the connection to the telnet server happen.
08-10-2018, 07:41 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-10-2018, 11:05 AM by EA3GCV.)
RE: CWskimmer and socket error, how to solve?
Hello,

Please make sure you run Swisslog and CW Skimmer as administrator. Mouse right click on the Swisslog/CW Skimmer EXE file then Properties > Compatibility > then check the Run as administrator option.

Normally this error may also appear because your antivirus/Firewall is blocking the TCP connection. The best way to get rid of all this issue is to add an exception to Swisslog and Cw Skimmer (and all other ham radio programs linked with Swisslog) in your antivirus and Firewall. If you follow this instructions you won't have any problems.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog