Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FT8 statistic in DX-Messages window
12-09-2018, 05:21 PM,
FT8 statistic in DX-Messages window
Hi,

I wonder if it's possible to create a FT8 statistic, like "DXCC-CW, DXCC-SSB, DXCC-DATA, DXCC-LOTW"
Many users use that mode nowadays, so a "DXCC-FT8" would be handy. Frequncylist can be found here:

https://www.qsl.net/sv1grb/psk31.htm

73's Marc
12-09-2018, 09:53 PM,
RE: FT8 statistic in DX-Messages window
Hi Marc,

You can create it by yourself as personal statistic. In order to create that kind of statistic, the statistic must be linked to the MODEID for FT8 mode. Unfortunately eveyr user may have different MODEID for FT8 so I can't create a standard statistic. It would work for most users but not for all.

Please review how the DXCC-SSB statistic is created and create the same but changing the MODEID. Check the MODEID used for FT8 mode in Edit / Add / Edit modes. You can also modifiy the band plan if you want to create specific frequency ranges for FT8 but as you know there are many DX operations nowadays not using "standard" FT8 frequencies. So personally I don't recommend to set any special band plan for FT8 but it's up to every user to do it. This is one of the best features of Swisslog: its flexibility.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
12-09-2018, 11:09 PM,
RE: FT8 statistic in DX-Messages window
(12-09-2018, 09:53 PM)EA3GCV Wrote: Hi Marc,

You can create it by yourself as personal statistic. In order to create that kind of statistic, the statistic must be linked to the MODEID for FT8 mode. Unfortunately eveyr user may have different MODEID for FT8 so I can't create a standard statistic. It would work for most users but not for all.

Please review how the DXCC-SSB statistic is created and create the same but changing the MODEID. Check the MODEID used for FT8 mode in Edit / Add / Edit modes. You can also modifiy the band plan if you want to create specific frequency ranges for FT8 but as you know there are many DX operations nowadays not using "standard" FT8 frequencies. So personally I don't recommend to set any special band plan for FT8 but it's up to every user to do it. This is one of the best features of Swisslog: its flexibility.

Best 73

Hi!

I just created an extra statistic for FT8! Thanks for your advice Jordi! I think it's useful to see what countries are spotted in FT8, and yes I frequently see a new one in FT8 hihi

73's Marc