Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fast input..
26-08-2018, 12:12 AM,
Fast input..
Hello,

I am new to SWL for Windows, still I am trying to get familiar with the software. I could import my Swisslog for DOS into
Swisslog for Windows quite easily..

So playing around, I found out that the nice feature of fast input, which is avaible in the DOS software, is missing (for me)
in the Windows software.

Short explanation of the fast input feature: By activating it, a small window is opening and you can insert call, locator, rst and number of QSO, independent of the sequence you type it in, the software automatically put the infos in the right order into the
relevant fields..
Very helpful in my opinion.

Is it possible to have fast input in the Windows version of Swisslog, or ist already existing and I am not finding it??

vy 73

Bodo/DL2FCN
27-08-2018, 12:06 AM, (This post was last modified: 27-08-2018, 12:07 AM by EA3GCV.)
RE: Fast input..
Hello Bodo,

There is no fast input feature in the Windows version. You have to change the input sequence. However, when entering QSOs in real time, if you automatically copy fields from QRZ (for instance) and you use transceiver control, the input of QSO data is really fast! because you only have to enter the call and Swisslog automatically will retrieve (and will set) the Callbook fields defined by the user, date/time, mode and QRG.

Number of QSO is automatically handled by Swisslog, no need to enter it! Simply go to Tools / Resequence QSO and Swisslog will set the QSO Nr according the date/time sequence. Every time you import QSO from other programs or you delete QSO you will have to do this. Swisslog will release a warning message when resequencing is needed so you don't have to worry about this.

If you change the Input sequence in the Add QSO options, you can emulate the fast input. Simply set first Call, QTH locator and RST and practically you will be doing the same.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
28-08-2018, 11:03 AM,
RE: Fast input..
Hello Jordi,

many thanks for your comment. Will try it..

vy 73
Bodo/DL2FCN