Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conflict with OmniRig
18-08-2018, 09:53 PM,
Conflict with OmniRig
Hola Jordi,

On the last two new versions I have a problem with CAT. I normaly use Onirig to share CAT with other softwares like SDR Console. All was Ok until the two last versions. Now I cannot share CAT anymore, Swisslog becomes slowly and crash.

Moltes gràcies,
Amadeu - EA3OW
18-08-2018, 10:45 PM,
RE: Conflict with OmniRig
Hi Amadeu,

I haven't changed anything on this matter. Probably any windows update changed your adminiatrator rights.

In order to ensure OmniRIG will work perfectly you have to review this:

- Run Swisslog, OmniRig and other ham radio applications as administrator (mouse right click on the EE file, Properties > Compatibility then check the Run as administrator checkbox. This is VERY important
- Add an exception to your antivirus and firewall (both!) to all your ham radio applications: OmniRig, Swisslog, WSJT-X, etc

If you do this you won't have any problems at all. I use current version with Swisslog, JTDX, OmniRig, VSPE, MixW without ANY problems. I forgot: UAC must be disabled as well! Many latest windows upgrades enables UAC again if you disabled it previously. But when using Windows Vista and higher operating systems you have to review very carefully all the above, otherwise you will turn crazy.

Best 73

P. S. If you still have problems contact me via whatsapp to 656409020 to arrange a Teamviewer session. But if you follow the above guideline all these issues will be solved.
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
19-08-2018, 09:30 PM,
RE: Conflict with OmniRig
Again, many thanks for your help. I have followed your indications and now is all running well.