Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Logging Real Time to QRZ.com
26-07-2018, 05:47 PM,
Logging Real Time to QRZ.com
Hello
qrz.com real-time logging no longer works.
the ADIF export works
APIkey is ok in swisslog

QRZ.com side problem? Huh

73 Joseph HB9VAA
73's de HB9VAA
Joseph Geneva
27-07-2018, 01:51 PM,
RE: Logging Real Time to QRZ.com
Hi Joseph,

I understand you are QRZ suscriber otherwise won't work this function and Swisslog will have to inform you. I have detected that QRZ servers are only accepting TLS 1.2 secured connections. TLS 1.2 only is supported from Windows Vista and higher. If you are using Windows XP QRZ realtime logging or logbook upload won't work. The same happen with Club Log that is only using TLS 1.2. Keep in mind that many web services are upgrading to use only TLS 1.2 so Windows XP is being obsolete. I suggest you to upgrade.

In the next version I will disable the QRZ logging function automatically when using Windows XP (will be greyed as now appear the Club Log functions if using XP).

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
27-07-2018, 03:39 PM,
Hi Jordi,

Thanks
Yes I use XP for the station. This change is recent, end of June it worked.
In this case I will change my OS
Again thanks for the quick reply

Best 73
Joseph

For info the QRZ support team sent the following message:
We're not aware of any internal problem and your subscription looks good on our end. There may be a problem with the logging program Sorry that I don't have better info. for you.
;-)
73's de HB9VAA
Joseph Geneva
27-07-2018, 08:15 PM,
After having submitted your response to QRZ, new message from QRZ:

Thanks for sharing that with us.  I'm sorry for the problems with XP.  It is definitely pretty old at this point.  I will pass this message along to the design team.  Thank you for using QRZ.

73, The QRZ Support Team Wink
73's de HB9VAA
Joseph Geneva
27-07-2018, 08:59 PM,
Hi Joseph,

I have also sent a question regarding this to the Support Team. But I detected this problem some days ago but it's regarding the secure layer used. Most servers are upgrading to allow only TLS 1.2 which is not XP compatible so upgrade your OS is the best solution to avoid future problems.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
01-08-2018, 04:07 PM,
Hello Joseph,

I have good news for you! QRZ also allows non secured connections so in version 5.98 I will use HTTP instead of HTTPS to avoid this issue for Windows XP users.

However, I suggest you to upgrade your operating system because you will get lots of benefits in the OS environment. Even in Swisslog you will be able to use all the Club Log functions and other related functions that are not working due to the use of TLS 1.2. Sooner or later most web wervices will migrate to only use TLS 1.2 so it's better to be prepared.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
04-08-2018, 02:36 AM,
Hello,

Yes I installed the new version and everything works perfectly with QRZ.

I am aware of the time that you spend to ensure this product is perfect ;-)
Thank you very much Jordi

Super efficient work!!!!

73 Joseph HB9VAA
73's de HB9VAA
Joseph Geneva