Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No more infos in DX Cluster window
28-04-2018, 06:29 PM,
No more infos in DX Cluster window
Dear friends,

I haven't used Swisslog for a while,  upgraded to version 5.97k and noticed that I have no more messages displayed in the DX Cluster window.
I checked the Telnet Control window : The servers I choosed are active and connected ( automatically connected at start up ) , and I 'm able to read all traffic infos in the DX Server window.

Any help ?

Thanks de Patrice
28-04-2018, 07:48 PM,
RE: No more infos in DX Cluster window
Hello Patrice,

Since version 5.97 Swisslog implements a Spot lifetime parameter in Dx message windows and Band Maps. As clearly indicated in Swisslog help for these options:

IMPORTANT: Please make sure the "Time diff to UTC" is set correctly in every of your My QTH. Otherwise Swisslog won't calculate correctly the Spot Lifetime which can cause no spots displayed

Review this parameter in your My QTH used. You will probably have a value which is wrong.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
29-04-2018, 04:45 PM,
(28-04-2018, 07:48 PM)EA3GCV Wrote: Hello Patrice,

Since version 5.97 Swisslog implements a Spot lifetime parameter in Dx message windows and Band Maps. As clearly indicated in Swisslog help for these options:

IMPORTANT: Please make sure the "Time diff to UTC" is set correctly in every of your My QTH. Otherwise Swisslog won't calculate correctly the Spot Lifetime which can cause no spots displayed

Review this parameter in your My QTH used. You will probably have a value which is wrong.

Best 73

Hi Jordi,

From the moment I opened the QSO Entry window to review the settings of my time difference to UTC which was right ( 2 ) , DX messages started. I never noticed this behaviour before. Should I do this every time ?

Have a nice sunday.

Patrice
29-04-2018, 09:08 PM, (This post was last modified: 29-04-2018, 09:20 PM by EA3GCV.)
Hi Patrice,

QSO Entry window is the main window and 99% users have it open because it's where you enter QSOs. In order to read correctly the time difference to UTC the QSO Entry window must be open once during a Swisslog session.

However I will review the code to change this in the next version so that this parameter is read even if the QSO Entry window is closed.

Best 73 and thank you for the report
Jordi, EA3GCV
25-07-2018, 09:38 AM,
I am having the same problem but my time differential is accurate and still no DX Cluster messages as of v 5.97. I am able to go into the Telnet dialogue and click on any of the clusters I have auto-logged into, then hit DX Spots and it will fill, but I have no "Start" button anymore and I have to go through this procedure every time I open the program. Has the "start" button been eliminated on the DX Messages window?? It's still there on the photo in the Help section.

Any Help would be appreciated!

73 Arden KI7G
25-07-2018, 04:53 PM,
Hello Arden,

First of all you have to install latest version 5.97k (there have been many news and important corrections since 5.97). The START button of the Dx message window was used to read messages from Dx Summit. In version 5.97 this function was deleted as explained in the history of news/corrections of 5.97:

- Changed: deleted the option to read DX spots from internet (Dx Summit). This option needed much CPU power causing many problems and it's obsolete now. Users must connect to any Telnet server by using the integrated Telnet support.

The START button is not used in Telnet connections. Please install latest 5.97k. If you still have problems keep the Add QSO windows (as i explained above it's a small bug which will be corrected in 5.98 which I'm planning to release shortly). Also make sure the Time difference to UTC set in your MyQTH matches with your time difference (use positive numbers: 2, 4, 5 etc). If still in trouble we should arrange a Teamviewer session. Contact me via whatsapp +34656409020.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
25-07-2018, 07:51 PM,
Thank you for your reply. I did have the latest version (sorry for not mentioning it). I also did have the Add QSO's window open. Strangely, I tried all sorts of things last night and opened and closed the program several times but could never get the DX Spots to automatically start showing. Then this morning I opened it up, doing nothing differently, and they popped up immediately. I don't have a good explanation but I am glad they are working.

73 from Arden KI7G
26-07-2018, 09:32 AM, (This post was last modified: 26-07-2018, 09:35 AM by EI4KF.)
(25-07-2018, 07:51 PM)KI7G Wrote: Thank you for your reply.  I did have the latest version (sorry for not mentioning it).  I also did have the Add QSO's window open.  Strangely, I tried all sorts of things last night and opened and closed the program several times but could never get the DX Spots to automatically start showing.  Then this morning I opened it up, doing nothing differently, and they popped up immediately.  I don't have a good explanation but I am glad they are working.

73 from Arden KI7G

Just in case it helps: in the Telnet Server window, see if you have set only one DX Cluster to auto-start. If so, it is better to also have a 2nd set to auto-start. There are few Clusters that don't have some "down time" and of course, when that happens with a single one selected, that means no Spots to the DX Messages window. When the Cluster Server windows are hidden, as you might have (I am guessing), you cannot see when a Server is not responding.

Erik.
26-07-2018, 12:34 PM, (This post was last modified: 26-07-2018, 12:35 PM by EA3GCV.)
Hello,

I guess it has been a Telner server temporary issue. I connect to VE7CC-1 with the Auto-Start option checked. But in the Input script I have added the following line:

/S sh/dx/20

This line forces to show last 20 DX just after connecting to the server. You can change 20 with the number of the desired spots you want to display. This is a good way to start Swisslog, auto start in the preferred Telnet Server then automatically fill out the DX message window or band map with the last DX spots. If no spots are displayed after swisslog startup, it's a sympthom that there is a problem in the Telnet Server. You can then check in the cluster server window as Erik recommends.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV