Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time Zone Problem
15-07-2018, 03:11 AM,
Time Zone Problem
I am trying to set my difference from UTC and it only seems to take whole hours. I live in the Newfoundland time zone. Standard time is UTC-3:30 and Daylight time is UTC-2:30. Is there a way to set this?
Thanks, Bob VO1REE
15-07-2018, 11:38 AM,
RE: Time Zone Problem
Hello Bob,

Good question!! It's the first time I receive this question and after reviewing quickly the code, seems that Swisslog has been designed to only works in whole hours regarding UTC difference! I will review deeply this because seems that this change is not easy because it affects lots of part of the code. I'm not the original programmer and as I can see, Walter, HB9BJS didn't take into account this case. In the Time Diff to UTC field in the MYQTH options try to set 2,5. You will get many warning messages that Windows Time Difference doesn't match with the MyQTH time difference, so I have to review deeply all the related code for the next version. However, give a try and let me know if this change makes at least setting the right UTC in the Time field.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
15-07-2018, 03:49 PM,
Hi Jordi,
I tried -2.5 previously. I truncates it back to -2. When I tried -2,5 the comma didn't register. This is likely because of my locale/language settings. There are not many time zones that are not on whole hours. I can appreciate the complexity, I am in IT myself.
73, Bob
21-07-2018, 10:32 AM,
Hello Bob,

I have modified the source code to allow half hours in the time difference to UTC. I have tested here and works perfectly emulating your time zone. However, I would like if you can test before releasing the new version. Please download a modified 5.97k version in this link:

www.swisslogforwindows.com/Beta/BetaUTC.zip

Unzip and copy both files in the Swisslog folder, overwriting the existing ones.

Let me know if it’s ok now. Swisslog should warn you that windows time zone doesn’t match with your My QTH time zone to correct it. Now you can set decimals in the Time diff to UTC field in the MyQTH details (2.5, 3.5 etc).

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
24-07-2018, 02:20 PM,
Hi Jordi,

Sorry for the delay, I have been out of town.

The new version seems to work fine with one exception. When I try to update MyQTH it displays without the decimal. I can edit it and add the '.5' but when I save it the display reverts to whole hours '-2'. If I click OK first it recognizes that I have changed it and asks me if I want to save it. I say YES but it still reverts back to displaying whole hours. It displays the time correctly when I try to make a new entry so it seems it did take Windows time when I first went in. It looks like it might only be a formatting problem in the one spot.

73, VO1REE Bob Evans
25-07-2018, 08:34 AM, (This post was last modified: 25-07-2018, 09:38 AM by EA3GCV.)
Hi Bob,

I have set my location in "Canada" in the windows regional settings and time zone "Terranova" to emulate your scenario. Because the time difference in Spain is now 2, Swisslog prompts me that there is a difference: windows time zone 2.5 / MyQTH 2 (note that time difference is always positive regardless your time zone!). After replying YES to the message Swisslog will use windows time zone. 

However, you have to change the time difference in your MyQTH manually if you don't want to be asked again when selecting this MyQTH again (replying Yes to the above message doesn't change the time difference setting in your MyQTH). In my case, I had a time difference of 2 defined so I changed it to 2.5 in the MyQTH tab to avoid the warning message again. After I made this change then OK, Swisslog is prompting me to save changes and if pressing Yes, time difference field is saved correctly. I have changed here to 2.5 and it's saved perfectly. 

If you still have problems please contact me via whatsapp (+34656409020) to do a Teamviewer session so that I can check online what may happen. 

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV