Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PSTRotatorAZ + SwissLog
16-06-2018, 05:16 PM,
PSTRotatorAZ + SwissLog
Hi ,

In case you use SwissLog with PSTrotaor, I would like to ask about your configuration. I have tried several, but till now it is not working.
PSTrotator itself works well I have tested alone and also with other logbook, however in Swisslog I can not make it work till no:
It seems there is no communication between each other.  Huh

Your help would help a lot. Smile
Many Thanks
73 - Manuel Fernando
16-06-2018, 06:25 PM,
RE: PSTRotatorAZ + SwissLog
Hi all  
Very good news! Smile

It is working, however I do not get any value in Azimuth window, always showing and pointing "0"
Clicking in Azimuth it sends the value to rotator and rotator turns, but there is no reading nor in Azimuth Window nor in Rotor-Interface window…
Any idea? Huh 

Have a nice weekend.

73 Manuel Fernando CT1BXX
17-06-2018, 07:45 AM, (This post was last modified: 17-06-2018, 07:46 AM by EA3GCV.)
Hi Manuel,

You have to configure Swisslog as Tracker in Pstrotator. Do not change port and IP. However you can do it but you have to set the same port and IP in Swisslog when selecting Pstrotator in the rotor configuration. Afterwards you have to select the Tracking mode in Pstrotator (not manual) and Will work perfectly.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
28-06-2018, 01:17 PM,
Hi,

A miracle happens today Smile 

Today I update my Antivirus Kaspersky version 19.0.0.1088(a). After that I turn one Swisslog and the miracle happens ! ! !
No change at all on Swisslog configuration , but now I get Azimuth Windows working properly the indication is working since rotator works.
I am not sure if the causa were the antivirus, but it was the only change.
Let's see future. It is working so I am afraid to turn OFF and have the same problem as before … Huh

Best regards to all.
73 Manuel Fernando - CT1BXX
28-06-2018, 05:55 PM,
Hi,

Because communication between Swisslog and PstRotator (as well as many other applications such as WSJT-X) is done by TCP/UDP ports, it's highly advisable to add an exception to Swisslog and the other program to your antivirus to allow all incoming/outgoing connections. Most antivirus block Tcp/Udp connections and that's the reason you had troubles.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog