Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Batch File
14-06-2018, 12:41 PM,
Batch File
Hello Dear users,

I would like to ask your help.

First everything is working fine! Smile 

I need to use a software to handle com ports. I am using "Virtual Serial Ports Emulator"
I need it run first than SwissLog, however sometime I forget to run it before… 
The idea is create a Batch file to Make run first this software and than SwissLog

I have done it before for other reasons and have worked as desired, however now I tried it but I got several erros. Angry Huh

In case You have such a thing could you please share?

Thanks.

Manuel Fernando CT1BXX
14-06-2018, 01:15 PM, (This post was last modified: 14-06-2018, 01:18 PM by EI4KF.)
RE: Batch File
1 Create a configuration file in VSPE. Save the .vspe file to your Documents folder.

2 Write a batch file in the Documents folder, example VSPE.bat

3 In it the syntax is: 

START "" "C:\users\MB1\documents\com2_com7_com1.vspe"

Note the two sets of quotes after START. The com2_com7_com1 is my VSPE config file created in step 1 so replace with whatever your file name happens to be. MB1 is my computer name so replace with yours.

Go to Windows Task Scheduler and create a Basic Task:

VSPE will run when the computer boots, giving you the virtual ports before any software that needs them runs.

Erik.
14-06-2018, 01:46 PM, (This post was last modified: 14-06-2018, 01:55 PM by EA3GCV.)
Hello,

You don't need to create a batch file to do this. This is what I do:

1. Once you have created the splitters in VSPE, save current configuration in the ROOT folder of your hard disk: i.e. C:\ConfigVSPE.vspe
2. You have to modify the Properties of the VSPE icon and add the path and file name. You can set to automatically minimize VSPE or hide splash screen. Please read this link: http://www.eterlogic.com/help/vspe/Usage...nPage.html IMPORTANT! you have to set the inverted stroke when setting the configuration file! i.e. C:/ConfigVSPE.vspe
3. If the source COM port is a physical COM port not created after Windows starts, you can move the VSPE shortcut (after applying the modification explained in step 2) to the windows startup folder. In the RUN option of windows type:

shell:startup

The startup folder will appear. Move the VSPE shortcut to this folder. When windows starts will automatically run VSPE, will load your configuration and will apply other settings such as minimize or hide splash screen.

If you are using MicroHAM, RigExpert or other software that creates virtual COM ports after windows startup, skip step 3. Otherwise VSPE won't find the source COM port. You will have to run VSPE manually by clicking in the desktop icon.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
14-06-2018, 03:52 PM,
Hello 
Dear friends:
Erik and Jordi

Many thanks for your comments. 
Excellent help later at home I wil do.

73 Manuel Fernando CT1BXX