Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creating a New Report / Query
02-06-2018, 07:43 PM,
Creating a New Report / Query
Dear Friends, 
Best regards to all.

I am trying to create a report on "Logbook - View (Selection)" for IOTA purpose.
I would like to have all the QSO with the new Iota reference I have worked for first time.

I have made some changes in the Report Missing DXCC) to handle the IOTA, but it not works, several changes, but not what I am looking for.

I have got some errors regarding "Inselname", …

In case you have create something similar could you please help?

Thanks for your help,.
Have a nice weekend
Manuel Fernando - CT1BXX
03-06-2018, 01:01 AM,
RE: Creating a New Report / Query
Hello Maniel,

I don't know how you have created this query but you only need to have the IOTA field in the query and use the function to select the FIRST function (the second button starting from right). There you have to place only the IOTA field in the right part, select First and OK. Swisslog will probably warn you to sort by date. After this your logbook view will have a list of all your IOTA references with the first QSO. Before selecting the FIRST function, if you filter by QSL received you will have a list of all your confirmed IOTA with the first confirmed QSO. You can filter by band, mode, etc. The limit is your imagination!

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
03-06-2018, 05:05 PM,
Hello Jordi,

Thanks for your reply.

Perhaps I have not been clear with my idea.
What you have told me it works , it was from there I begun to create the query I am looking for…

The idea:
Imagine I have worked today for first time OC-164 and also EU-001 I have not worked before and (of course) no confirmation yet.

What I would like to have is a query to show only this contacts have worked for first time, for the Iota Reference, I have no confirmation for this Iota Yet.

Example:
 QSO with : OC-164 20 M CW 
 QSO with OC-164 20M SSB

QSO with EU-001 10 M SSB
QSO With EU-001 80M CW

The query I am looking for must show:
OC-164 20 M - CW
OC-164 20M - SSB
EU-001 10M SSB
EU-001 80M CW

Please notice I have not worked before OC-164 nor EU-001
In case I have worked and I have a single confirmation than it must not appear on listing.

I am looking for a query to show the "Missing Iota References" that I have Worked no confirmation at all.

Do you think it is possible?
73 Manuel Fernando
03-06-2018, 05:40 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-06-2018, 05:51 PM by EA3GCV.)
Hello Manuel,

If you want to see the IOTA you still need, instead of using a logbook view is much better to use the Statistic view where you have an option to display the "Only needed". This way you will know for the modes/bands you have selected the needed IOTA (never worked before).

You can group in the logbook view all IOTA by setting a filter to select only not confirmed IOTA. However, it may display IOTA that are already confirmed, because it's only grouping after applying this filter and not for the statistic status. That's the reason I recommend to use the statistic view. You could see the only needed IOTa in the logbook view but without QSO details. See an example in the DXCC folder, query called "Missing DXCC all bands/all modes". You will see the needed entities without QSO data. I don't know a way to do what you need in a logbook view. 

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
03-06-2018, 05:59 PM,
Hello Jordi 
Yes, I am aware of that and I use it. 
The reason is other: If I have the information in a logbook view i can easily see if I have sent the qsl or not and to whom ( manager, Clublog, ...), without the need to edit the qso from the statistics view one by one. It is not so important but it would help in I can do it.

Now I have done a query , it is working the way I would like but it is showing only one qso per Iota missing, and not all them within same Iota,...I am playing with a bit before I give up he he he.

73 Manuel Fernando