Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IOTA and Clublog
20-04-2018, 03:20 PM,
IOTA and Clublog
I'm synchronizing my IOTA, it happens that now the confirmations can also be made through Clublog, how can you manage this new possibility? For now I put a fleg on the card received QSL 'but it is not.

Any suggestion?

Fabrizio IK6DLK
20-04-2018, 07:51 PM,
RE: IOTA and Clublog
(20-04-2018, 03:20 PM)IK6DLK Wrote: Hi Fabrizio,

Very good idea!  Idea

In fact last year I have made my Iota Update with some Clublog confirmations (credits)
The idea you point out, is very good, especially handling with credits in SwissLog.

Let's wait for Jordi´s comments, however we know that Jordi is always very busy in order to offer us this good software.
Have a nice weekend

73 Manuel Fernando
21-04-2018, 11:21 AM, (This post was last modified: 21-04-2018, 02:12 PM by EA3GCV.)
Hi all,

IOTA reads QSO from your Club Log logbook and search matches in the IOTA field set in LoTW! Read this link, step 7:

https://dx-world.net/iota-club-log-match...ed-for-me/

If you use LoTW synchronization, Swisslog will set the IOTA field automatically after receiving the LoTW confirmation (obviously if QSO partner has set the IOTA reference in the LOTW profile). Swisslog does this so if you are an IOTA hunter I highly suggest you to use LOTW synch because you will avoid to manual set the IOTA reference in many QSOs. I insist that IOTA compares your QSO from Club Log with LoTW registers and Swisslog does this since version 5.93. I know noboby want to read but it's important that you read all news from new versions!

If you are a QRZ subscriber you have to also know that Swisslog is able to read and set the IOTA reference from the partner QRZ profile (if set). Please read the Callbook databases help.

Summing up: use LoTW and QRZ subscription and forget about IOTA references! Of course continue uploading QSO to Club Log but forget about linking it with LoTW because it has no sense! Swisslog has a very complete LoTW synch function.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
21-04-2018, 02:58 PM,
Dear Jordi ... I did not understand. IOTA credits I get them or with card cards or with ClubLog, I do not think your answer solves my problem .... my problem is the following: I'm synchronizing the QSO accredited for the IOTA, so I'm looking for the QSO correspond to that accredited on the IOTA site, I look for it in Swisslog if I have credited it with the QSL, I can transform it as Accepted and everything is ok. In the event that in the IOTA site list I have a credit made with Clublog I do not have the QSL in hand, so?
The solution to make sure that the QSO accredited on the IOTA site can be transformed into an Accepted in Swisslog is to have the QSL, but with ClubLog I do not have the card QSL ..... to overcome the situation I flag on QSL received card once made this Swisslog allows me to turn into Accepted, but I have the card QSL I do not have. I was asking for a solution to this problem ..... could Swisslog do it? I did not understand how !!!!
Excuse my ignorance but as you know I'm new in SWISSLOG .....

TNX Fabrizio IK6DLK
21-04-2018, 06:52 PM, (This post was last modified: 21-04-2018, 06:54 PM by EA3GCV.)
Hello Fabrizio,

As I understand, IOTA site checks your CLub Log QSO with the info provided by LoTW and sets it as credited if this QSOs has been found in LoTW. So if you synchronize with LoTW, you not only will get the IOTA reference automatically set in your QSO but the LoTW confirmation! There is not any QSL because this has been electronically confirmed by LoTW. SO you don't have to set the QSL received indicator because this is wrong! you don't have any QSL card for this confirmation.

Maybe I'm wrong and you get QSOs as credited that have not been confirmed in LoTW, but I don't think this works this way. As clearly explained in the step 7 of the link I provided in my explanation:

"it will match all of your log to the uploaded IOTA logs in Club Log and automatically add them to the list WITHOUT the need for any QSL Cards being needed. Basically its LOTW for IOTA but by using Club Log."

Seems that IOTA has agreed with CLub Log to confirm IOTAs but they are really using LoTW confirmations. Because you can't download Club Log confirmations (this option doesn't exist) the best way is to submit the IOTA award request via Club Log (I don't really know why IOTA site doesn't allow to do the same with LoTw because it's really LoTW IOTA). Afterwards, in order to get the confirmation status and the IOTA reference (in case you have not enter it in Swisslog) you have to synchorize with LoTW. You don't have to do anything else.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
21-04-2018, 07:27 PM,
Dear Jordi, LoTW has nothing to do with it ..... only IOTA site and ClubLog.
I enclose the procedure.
73 Fabrizio

Attached Files
.pdf   club_log_qso_matching-en.pdf (Size: 51,5 KB / Downloads: 5)
21-04-2018, 07:57 PM, (This post was last modified: 21-04-2018, 08:00 PM by EA3GCV.)
Hello Fabrizio,

Well, according this document all matching Club Log QSOs will be credited so the other link who confirm that these are "LOTW for IOTA" is not right. LoTW doesn't means "electronic confirmation" but a specific way of confirmation using the Logbook of the World. This article creates confusion!

At this point you can do 3 things in Swisslog:

- Create a QSO Group called "IOTA credited QSO" and add the credited IOTA QSOs to this group. This way you will know exactly which QSOs are credited for IOTA (see the QSO Groups chapter in help to know who it works). However, there is a drawback: when asking IOTA statistic reports, these QSOs won't be detected as confimed because only QSL confirmations are valid.
- Use the Award administration tool by creating a definition for the IOTA award and set as CREDITED these Club Log QSOs. You will have the same drawback as the first option.
- Set the QSL confirmation (as you have done up to now) but setting "Club Log" or the word is better for you in the QSL Action field. This way you will know that these QSOs are not really confirmed by QSL card but for Club Log only for IOTA purposes. If you receive the physical QSL card someday you can change the QSL Action field by other you use (bureau, direct, etc).

Practically speaking and in order to do things easier, I think third option will be the best one because for IOTA you will get the right statistic reports. It creates another "little" drawback: this option can distort other statistics (i.e.: DXCC) because you don't really have this QSO confirmed but simply credited for IOTA. But I guess you won't get too many "confirmed" QSO in CLub Log and not confirmed by LotW. In most cases, an user who is using Club Log will use LoTW as well. I think in few cases you will have Club Log "confirmations" for IOTA and you won't get the LoTW confirmation. Your own experience from now on will confirm this or not.

Decide which option is best for you! if I were you I would use your current system (setting the QSL received flag) but changing the content of the QSL Action field.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
22-04-2018, 12:28 AM,
Hi,

Only a comment...
Reading all the comments, now I see that I have misunderstood Fabrizio´s idea, sorry  Angry

As an Iota chaser, permit I told how I handle it:
My first goal is obtain the contact confirmed firstly by card, and if I do not have the qsl card in time for credit than I go for it in Clublog/Lotw. So that, I do not feel the need to distinguish between paper card or Clublog/Lotw confirmation.

Fabrizio, I do not know if it can help, I haven't tested it, however in "Statistic (New)" on the view we have: "W" "C" "L" "CL", according a confirmation happened.

In my opinion the great help would be to have option for credits, and that was the point I thought Fabrizio was referring to.

Have a nice weekend.

73 Manuel Fernando
22-04-2018, 07:15 PM,
Hello Manuel,

Then you have to use the award administration function to see the award status in statistics.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV