Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Working via Satellite.
15-04-2018, 12:02 AM,
Working via Satellite.
Dear colleagues I would like your comments regarding Satellite...

In case of satellite contacts what is the best way to save: Band/Frequency, Mode, satellite name Satellite/Mode, in order it could be accepted by LOTW, ClubLog,... not causing errors, and in same time beeing possible to create Statistics.
All your expirience regarding this subject is welcome.

Thanks and have a nice weekend.
 73 Manuel Fernando
15-04-2018, 12:40 AM, (This post was last modified: 15-04-2018, 12:41 AM by EA3GCV.)
RE: Working via Satellite.
Hello,

You have to activate in the Add QSO options the "show special - modes and satellite fields". All contents of both fields fullfil ADIF and LoTW requirements. Use your upload frequency and mode in QSO and that's all. Swisslog will do the rest when  synchronizing to LoTW or uploading to online logbooks such as eQSL.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
16-04-2018, 12:44 AM,
Jordi,

Thanks for your prompt answer.
For LOTW and others is ok, however there is one more point:
Create a statistic , imagine DXCC via Satellite, we need a field to filter the Statistics we want.

In my first attempt, I create a new Band called: "Satellite"
In Statistics for DXCC It works fine: A Statistic for DXCC Where the Band is Satellite, works perfect, However I guess it will cause an error when SWL creates de ADIF for LOTW, because it will not recognize the word Satellite as a Band.  
Perhaps the way is create another QTH, for Satellite operation. I would like to avoid QTH use, but perhaps this will be the only way... Huh

Many Thanks, and have a nice week

Manuel Fernando
16-04-2018, 04:32 PM, (This post was last modified: 16-04-2018, 04:38 PM by EA3GCV.)
Hello Manuel,

You don't have to add "Satellite" as band! Swisslog has a field specifically for this purpose! the L_SAT_MODE field is in fact the Propagation mode (ADIF: PROP_MODE) as explained in Swisslog help. This field must be set to SAT when working satellites (you have to activate the Special Modes and Satellites fields in the Add QSO options).

The DXCC SAT statistic must be based on this field (L_SAT_MODE = "SAT"). This way will count only QSOs made through Satellites. In the statistic report you may select the modes/bands according your needs.

In order to save the "dirty job" of creating this statistic and because I find it very interesting to include it in Swisslog, I will add the DXCC SAT statistic in the new version. However you don't have to wait to the release of the new version: I have uploaded the statistic database including this statistic in the DOWNLOAD section (Current statistic database):

https://www.swisslogforwindows.com/Download/Swlstat.zip

Unzip this file into the Swisslog folder, overwriting the existing one. Next time you start Swisslog you will have the new DXCC SAT statistic as standard statistic.

It's very important that you set SAT in the L_SAT_MODE field in all your satellite QSOs. You can do this in a logbook view having this field (i.e.: Logbook with many fields). Select all your satellite QSOs (for example filter the L_SAT_NAME field to select the ones which are different to blank) and set SAT in the Satellite mode (read Multiple QSO update in the Swisslog help). Afterwards this statistic will work as desired.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
16-04-2018, 05:35 PM,
Hello Jordi

I am extremely surprised that you have solved the problem immediately. 
Thank you so much. 

Later I will download and install the new file.
Yes I undesertand the need to set "Sat" in the field as you mencioned.

Once again my deep gratitude.

73 Manuel Fernando CT1BXX