Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using WSJT-X and FLDIGI
01-02-2018, 04:29 PM,
Question  Using WSJT-X and FLDIGI
Hi, 
I mainly QSO in Digital, I'am evaluating SwissLog,  but I have a prblem switching to/from FlDigi & wsjt-x.

I've setup SwissLog to connect to my rig natively, then I've setup Fldigi to controll my rig via FlRig, so when I start FlDigi from SwissLog, it stops his  native connection and FlRig correctly find comm port free. Everything is ok.

Then I've tried wsjt-x. if I'm not mistaken, I do not have to start it in the FlDigi way: I have to start it manually.
But doing this way SwissLog does not stop his native connection to the comm port, so when wsjt-x starts it tries to connect to the radio, natively or via OmniRig, but it found comm port busy.

Of course, I fix it this using OmniRig also from SwissLog, so the comm port is available for both SwissLog and wsjt-x, but....

If I stop wsjt-x and try to start again FlDigi, I guess SwissLog closes his connection, but OmniRig is still alive for a while, so this time FlRig find the comm port busy 

So my question is: there is a way in SwissLog to quickly  and easily stop and restart the connection to the comm port?

Thank you
73 de IZ3XNJ Stefano