Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Band Plan and other possible erros
28-01-2018, 01:57 PM,
Band Plan and other possible erros
Hi Jordi and members.

Here are some possible errors i found.

1. After any Swisslog update Realtime QSO entry is unmarker even if on the previous version was marked;
2. Input sequence returns to default order;
3. A previous saved Award or Statistic is lost after an update, i have to build it again and save them.
4. Since the last update (5.97d) Band Plan does not show any stations, the criterious for Dx-Message is "All".

Another problem i usualy have is if the radio is turned off, (TS-950SDX) when start Swisslog, he will freeze, most of the Windows remains
unopen (Add QSOs, Dx-Messages, Logbook, etc) and to exit it i have to close the aplication by the Windows Task manager. This only happens if the radio is off. Yes, Swisslog runs with Administrator privileges.

Any user with this kind of problems?
73 de Vic, CT1AXS
28-01-2018, 11:17 PM,
RE: Band Plan and other possible erros
Hi Vic,

Updates doesn't overwrite the SWISSLV5.INI file so I don't understand why realtime option is unchecked or the input order changed. This is saved in the Swisslv5.ini. If you have Swisslog installed in C:\Program Files\Swisslog please make sure to run the installer with administrator rights. I have 3 different computers and I never had this problem updating.

If you create a new statistic make sure you create it as PERSONAL. Otherwise it will be saved in the SWLSTAT.MDB and this file is always overwritten because it includes all STANDARD statistics).

If you have Swisslog installed in C:\Program Files you have to disable UAC. If you don't do this you will have lots of strange problems (like the ones you explain). In one of my computers I have Swisslog installed in C:\Program Files\Swisslog, using W10 with UAC disabled and I always install / run Swisslog with administrator rights and no problems at all. I insist a lot on this because if you don't follow strictly this rule you may get unexpected results. Swisslog and other amateur radio programs needs FULL administrator rights to work properly. Even now that default installation folder is C:\Swisslog, I recommend to force to run as administrator because you may also get problems (above all when linking with external programs).

Regarding no spots, make sure you have set the right Time difference to UTC in your My QTH used. Otherwise Swisslog won't calculate correctly the Spot Lifetime which can cause no spots displayed. Spots are in UTC time and Swisslog lifetime default option is 60 minutes. If you don't have the right setting in your Time difference to uTC in your My QTH, because now we have 1 hour of difference that's the reason you won't get any spot. I guess you have 0 in your Time difference to UTC.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
29-01-2018, 12:47 AM,
Hi Jordi,

No, my Swisslog is not in Program Files or other folder, it is in the root of the HD, i.e C:\SWISSLOG, and my OS is Windows 7 Pro 32 bit.
To prevent any strange behaviors I run it, since the 1st time on Win7, as Administrator, as i told before.

About Realtime QSO entry, it happens, but since thre is a new version 5.97e i will pay more attention to this and make a report.

Regarding no spots, i will have a look on the UTC diference (i might have 0 since it is our CT diference to UTC) but whatever value i have my band plan worked before this latest update.

Thanks and congratulations for the work on SWISSLOG project.
73 de Vic, CT1AXS
30-01-2018, 02:28 PM,
Hi Vic,

I have just released version 5.97f correcting an important issue regarding restoring desktops. Maybe the problem about missing the add QSO settings came from the same issue.

Regarding no spots it should work there! 0 is ok if Portugal uses UTC as local time. Please install this new version and if you still have problems contact me to arrange a Teamviewer session to check online what's happening but it should work. Make sure you add an exception to Swisslog in your firewall/antivirus. When changing versions some antivirus/firewall detect a change and maybe they block incoming/outgoing connections.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
31-01-2018, 12:32 AM,
Hola Jordi,

Yes, the Desktop restore function was one of the problems i found but i forgot to mention. About the firewall permition for SWISSLOG, it is already declared for my network since i run this OS, anyway i can receive dx spots without problems.

Bandplan still doesn't work even with 5.97f and restoring a desktop returns a access violation in SwisslV5.exe if Banplan Windows is open, if closed no acess violation is displayed.

Regards,
73 de Vic, CT1AXS
31-01-2018, 10:36 AM,
Hello Vic,

Yes, after restoring desktop, if desktop has band maps a violation error is displayed and band maps don't work. I'm fighting on it and at the moment I haven't found why!

However, at startup band maps works well. After restoring any desktop, if you get violation errors band maps won't receive spots. Let's see if I can solve this. It's being a hard bone! But band maps should work ok at startup. If you are getting violation errors continuosly try the following:

- close all band maps and open it again one by one.

This should create new entries in the INI file and should work. Here I get Violation errors when restoring desktops but not always, only sometimes. In these cases, because I have checked the option to Save desktop on exit, I restart Swisslog and band maps work ok.

Also delete old saved desktop and save them again to recreate INI entries.

Let me know something!
Jordi, EA3GCV
01-02-2018, 05:54 PM,
Hello Vic,

After fighting lot of hours I have finally found the line of code triggering the violation error message (and consequently no spots in band maps). This error happended after restoring a desktop and also after refreshing database connection or compressing database.

I have uploaded an EXE so that you can test it here before I release a new version:

www.swisslogforwindows.com/Beta/Swisslv5.exe

Rename your original Swisslv5.exe and use this one.

Let me know the results please!

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
01-02-2018, 11:36 PM,
Hi Jordi,

Thanks for the work.

Not yet, my Bandmap doesn't show spots but restoring a desktop doesn't return the violation error.
73 de Vic, CT1AXS
02-02-2018, 02:13 AM,
Hi Vic,

All this is very strange! Please contact me via whatsapp to arrange a Teamviewer session to see online what happens but it should work.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV