Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DX Message window in v5.97
08-12-2017, 02:58 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-12-2017, 03:00 AM by G4UGB.)
DX Message window in v5.97
Hello Jordi,

I've just installed v 5.97 and am having issues with the DX Message window - it won't populate until I go into VIEW/TELNET CONTROL WINDOW and then click on SH/DX to start messages in the DX Message window. If I click into the EA1DX-5 in the server list (which is checked as the only active server) - the 'Start Automatically' box is checked. But the DX Message window will not populate when I next start SwissLog until I carry out this process all over again.

Any ideas ??

Thanks and 73.

Richard G4UGB
08-12-2017, 03:15 PM,
RE: DX Message window in v5.97
Hello Richard,

It's curious because here is working well. Please make sure your antivirus or firewall is not blocking anything. I suggest you to add an exception to Swisslog in your antivirus and firewall to allow all incoming/outgoing communications.

Change Telnet server and connect to other Telnet to see if it's working better. In case of EA1DX-5 edit the server details and make sure is as shown below:

Host: 185.73.168.155
Port: 23
Server type: DX-Cluster
Scripts:

/W login
/T 5
/S $$$$

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
08-12-2017, 08:47 PM,
Same problem.....

IK6DLK Fabrizio
08-12-2017, 09:31 PM,
Hello Jordi,

Thank you for the prompt reply (as always !!)

I have re-checked the Telnet Server settings and all are as per your comments in your reply. SwissLog is also 'allowed' in Windows Firewall for both inbound and outbound - as is Port 23.

If I use the 'connect' button on the DX Messages window it tells me that FSMNZ is the name in the box to connect to the DX Telnet Window ?? Is that correct ??

The old 'Stop' and 'Start' buttons are missing at the top of the window - is that correct ??

But still the problem persists in that the DX spots appear one by one and slowly - whereas previously - as soon as I opened SwissLog and hit the 'Start' button - the window filled immediately with DX spot data.

So I'm still puzzled as to what has changed. It will fill up immediately if I open the Telnet Control Window and then hit the EA1DX-5 button and 'SHDX'.

I'll keep investigating.

73 de Richard G4UGB
09-12-2017, 05:04 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-12-2017, 05:06 PM by EA3GCV.)
Hello Richard,

Are you using latest Swisslog version? The Connect button has been deleted from version 5.97 as well as the Start/Stop buttons. These was related to the "Read from internet DX Summit option which has been deleted because it caused many performance problems. Make sure in Options / Connect to packet program/ Selection Tab, you have NONE selected. If you wish send me your Teamviewer ID/Password (you can send me a whatsapp message to my number +34656409020) and I will check online what's happening. I have just released version 5.97a correcting an important issue regarding eQSL upload.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
09-12-2017, 09:09 PM,
Hello Jordi,

Thank you ... I've just downloaded and installed the latest version 5.97a.

Yes - at the top of the DX Message window there is the CON and DISC buttons - the start and stop buttons are no longer there.

I checked the Options/Connect to Packet Program/ Selection tab and it is set to NONE. (it was set to DX Cluster) But I am still getting (what I perceive to be) a slow DX Message window update in comparison with the previous SWL version 5.96.

So if you read this and have the time - I will send you a WhatsApp message with Team Viewer details.

Many thanks,

Richard G4UGB